Picture from TMS 06/07/08

dano36

I took this pic from section 433, row 14 of Robbie making the record jump. The fireworks threw the lighting off a bit but the pic caught him at the top of his flight.

Nick, please resize if you have to. Thanks

Dano :)

post-3-1213070819_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine went up there and said that it was one of the best shows he has seen. Knievel rode around the whole track doing a wheelie. This included the banking on the turns as well.

He sure did Modracer. Once in the regular direction and one in the polish victory lap direction. The guy is a real showman. Plus he ran the front straightaway from turn 4 to turn 1 while standing on the seat of the bike.

He also had a very tough jump because that wind was tough Saturday night. Typical Fort Worth wind. Thirty knots and hot. Even some of the indy cars mentioned having a bit of a problem with the wind.

He sure did Modracer. Once in the regular direction and one in the polish victory lap direction.

Dano,

RK was pretty good, but you should see Officer Modracer do donuts in his squad car.................. ;)

He sure did Modracer. Once in the regular direction and one in the polish victory lap direction.

Dano,

RK was pretty good, but you should see Officer Modracer do donuts in his squad car.................. ;)

Only to be attempted by trained professionals! :lol:

We took my two youngest nephews to TMS this weekend. We poached some seats around row 20 in sec. 106 just in time to watch Robbies jump. The boys loved it. We left there right after Danica came down our aisle. Nephew gave her a high five. We watched the race from our seats in sec 114 on top row. Next year I don't think I will have any trouble getting gas money out of them to go to the races.

Had free tickets from Firestone and was sitting in sec. 413 row 60 between turn 4 and start finish and we could feel the heat from the big flame in the picture. RK was awesome to watch...jumping into a cross/ headwind takes huge cajones (ka-hone-nes). It was also cool seeing the indy cars bottoming out in 1 and 2 and all the sparks that fly until tire pressure builds. For my first indy race i was impressed. Also got to go to the Firestone hospitality area and EAT! Good food and cold beer.... best part it was FREE!!!! Last highlight was standing 2 feet away from Danica and didnt realize it was her until she was walking away.....which i must admit was not a bad sight at all. My wife had to wipe the drool from the side of my mouth....thank god she has a sense of humor

Archived