Winter Series @ I-37 Spwy. Starts this Saturday!

rebelracewriter

The IMCA points season kicks off this Saturday afternoon at I-37 Spwy. in Pleasanton. The IMCA Modifieds, Stocks and Hobbies are ready to start the chase for the 2004 IMCA points championships. Gates will open early this Saturday, 11AM, to help get drivers registered, teched, etc. Normal opening time will be 12 Noon, with racing starting at 2PM. Two-time IMCA National Champion, Henry Witt and 2003 Modified Rookie of the Year, PJ Egbert are expected to be there, along with several points chasers in I-Stock and I-Hobby. For more info check out the tracks website, www.i37speedway.com or contact Frank Torres 210-367-6261

Hey Sarge...

Good luck for the season opener. Have fun announcing!

And..Happy New Year!

Chuck

I was out there all day yesterday watching practice.

Let me tell y'all this. Frank is working his butt off to make this thing go. A lot of track GM's/promotors say they are doing things, but when you look around you see nothing has changed. Well, Frank is giving it one hell of a shot and is making changes.

The track was very smooth and got good and fast. No dust and it was more than a one lane track. The problem with the track for the Thankgiving show has been fixed. Frank waters it, not the property owners.

Tires have been painted.

Two septic tanks have been installed with all the underground plumbing. They are working on the restrooms. Need slab poured and building erected. Won't be done for a bit, but they are addressing it as fast as they can. And visable progress has been made.

New PA equipment was purchased and was tested. Should not have anymore problems with the speakers going AWOL in the middle of a race. Frank knows he needs more speakers and will get them when he can.

Again, this isn't the old I-37 Speedway. It might not be the I-37 Speedway Frank wants yet, but it is getting better by the day.

If you need a live racing fix come on out Saturday and see the races. If the weather is anything like is was yesterday, then it will be shirt sleeve and very comfortable.

Hope to see Y'all out there tomorrow. Gates open at 11:00 PM and racing starts at 2 PM. We are having the IMCA Hobbie and I-Stocks, along with the IMCA Modifieds. We had about 7 Hobbies there, 3 from Ft Worth. And they said they knew of at least 3 more from up there that were coming, so it should be a heck of a show.

Come on out and tell me 'hey'. I am the fat bearded guy with the microphone

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Henry a 2 time National Champ?

Slider,

This is what Henry told me today.

"I was the co-national champion last year and the year before that. The year before that I was the lone national champion."

So by his count that is actually 3.

::shrug::

I am just a talker abouter. But that is what was said by the man himself.

If I misunderstood what he said, I apologize. But in my defense there were a couple of engines on either side of us being reved at the time. He also said he was 29. <_<

Bill "Sarge" Masom

ROSIE

Thanks for the nice report on your first visit to i-37 Speedway

Bet if you asked they would let you park your bike inside the

pit area right in back of grandstands

E mail frank torres--get his address from i37speedway.com

and ask him.

Glad you enjoyed the races and look forward to your coming back

and watching again

SBG Racing mod 25

al bauman--bobby grobe

Archived