This Sat.

thumper

I just wanted to say good luck to all the CC racers this Sat.I cannot make this race.Thumper is fixed but the truck is not.Almost did not get it started last Sat even with jumpers on Shawns desiel.New starter did not arrive yet.

Thumper has 2 broken pistons.This was caused by bad fuel.The same fuel that broke it 2 races back.Since CC Speedway does not favor horsepower,rather handleing,I removed the 14 to 1 pistons and put the 10 to 1 pistons back in.Now I can use premium pump gas and not have to chase fuel all over.I might be a sitting duck for those hi powerd Fords but Thumper will run like a rabbit being chased by the hounds.Youall be safe and I will see you next week. :)

You might be happy you did not show up it was wreck city #6 Randy out for a little bite #88 Nillie out for a little bite My #33 out till i can find a radiator and a fan and try to make car stop on a dime one car was DQ for no back brakes lots of rumben and pushen :(:)

Sounds lke a full moon kind of nite but I dont think it was a full moon.I do know that track gets really slippery after a really hot day in the sun.I hope everybody is OK and can get the needed repairs.BTW,who won?Did anyone escape the turmoil?Speaking for myself,I want all 4 brakes.They have saved me many timesIn fact I think good brakes can win as much as a good engine if you drive in deep and outbrake a car you want to pass.Maybe it will be cooler this Sat. :o

Please take up any problems you may have with the the way CC Speedway enforces their rules with the folks who enforce the rules rather than using Texas Speed Zone as your way of getting the message across.

I know it's tempting to get on the old soap box and spout off, but that's not what TXSZ is all about.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick

well the rules say all four brakes must work. I asume that the rear brakes just broke and he did not know it. did he have a proportioning valve or were the lines blocked off? I could understand maybe in imca or a big race or something. but with car counts low and stuff thats a bummer he got dq'd for no rear brakes.

The line to the rear brakes was corroded in two with no fresh brake and no fluid leaking, We had a meeting with todd myself and the tech officials no explanation was given from the driver. A winning car is worked on and the time spent usually means a better finish. Sorry if we have made some people mad but rules are rules.

The line to the rear brakes was corroded in two with no fresh brake and no fluid leaking, We had a meeting with todd myself and the tech officials no explanation was given from the driver. A winning car is worked on and the time spent usually means a better finish. Sorry if we have made some people mad but rules are rules.

Just so everyone knows:

The explanation given to the tech by the driver was that he didnt know that the brakes in the rear was not working as it is not his car it is a borrowed car.He has borrowed it to driver for the last 3 or so weeks till his car gets finished.

I hate DQs as much as the next guy,maybe more but it sounds lke the teck would have been more leanient if the brake deal was a fresh break.(no pun intended)The oerson who was DQed would look at this differently if he or she was stalled on the track and another car was comming at their drivers door wide open with one or 2 wheels locked up and got T-Boned.Or the fire crewmember running for his life from a car that bounced off the wall,comming across the infield and could not stop.Brakes are not a cheating thing,they are a safty thing like seat belts and roll cages.For years Ive been begging the track to do brake checks.Its simple,just do a stop on the dirt or something.I think this would be a great addition to the pre race inspection we already do.I have tried the 2 wheel,3 wheel and crappy brake thing until I realized its less work to fix brakes than a wrecked car.

Besides all that,brakes are the most important item to get a car into the turn at speed.Nick should agree,being a chassis guru.Even with disc in front and drums in the rear.brake tuning is possible.Larger diameter wheel cyls increase rear brake input and smaller diameter cyls decrease rear %.Different pad materiel can change grip in the front.There are many ways to tune brakes that are legal.Every car needs something different but a car with no rear brake will push badly entering the turn at full speed.A car with too much rear brake will be too loose on entry.So good brakes not only make you safer,they make you faster as well.These are race cars,arent they?

The Thunder Car class in general is getting back on its feet and we have many fine new teams as well as some seasoned teams.With the cost of fuel Thunder cars make even more sense than ever.And remember,more cars mean more money in the purse.The Rhoads are giving us every chance to proove what we can do so please lets get along and help each other.We are all equally important to the show.

I always know how many brakes I've got. That driver needs to apologize to every other driver for putting a dangerous car on the track. Also thank the tech inspector for showing you that your car was unsafe.

rules are rules ..if he let the car go . what would that have said to the rest ...sorry he got dq.ed happends to the best .... total lost of money and points .well . i hope this person fixes the brakes and comes back stronger .. gb is right ..you need four brakes to make the turns ..dirt needs three ....

I always know how many brakes I've got. That driver needs to apologize to every other driver for putting a dangerous car on the track. Also thank the tech inspector for showing you that your car was unsafe.

Well said.

Rules are what makes racing competitive and safe. Its never ok to assume that rules should be bent or broken to allow for car count. Thats how good classes implode. If a tech official makes just one exception then he is opening himself and the track up to scrutiny for the rest of the season, and then some. The other problem comes when you build a good car count and sacrifice the rules to do so. In the end, or when it starts getting competitive drivers are pointing fingers at other drivers and no one is legal. The end result is always the end of the class. My hat goes off to the ones that enforce the rules, it may take a while to build the classes, but the classes wont implode.

I guess the question would be if the first guy was checked again and found to have not fixed his car would he be DQed as well.Im betting he would be as well as any other car.The other question is what if the car had suffered brake failure during the race would that be grounds for a DQ.That would be a judgement call.I was told the first nite my fire extenguisher was too far away.I was not DQed but they checked it the next race to make sure I moved it.I missed the brake check nite but I knew about it,that was a warning to all cars they were going to check brakes.I heard a couple of Super Streets failed the brake test also and fixed their brakes too.Again Im sorry whoever this driver was got DQed but I bet we all will pass next time.And lap times will get faster as well.I dont think its anything personal.

BTW,the easiest way to repair a bad spot in a brake line is to get a length of line and a couple of compression fittings and repair the bad spot.Any auto supply will have these things.This is way easier than replacind the whole line and is cost effective.

I was told the first nite my fire extenguisher was too far away.

Too far away from what? You know as much as I do GB, your a racecar driver not a fire fighter and if thumper flames up, you will be bailing out. :D

On the brake thing, they do checks periodically on the karts up here on Friday nights, they will get a few karts on the track and then tell them to stop, you would be surprised that some of them have no brakes..... They are sent to the pits to be repaired.

Your right about bailing out of a flaming car but then I remembered times I was pinned against the wall with a car blocking the other side and having to wait for help.Then I remembered when Thomas was on fire and I was pinned against him.He had no clue he was burning,being a rear engine car,but all I could think of was burning with him because I could not get out.At least a good extinguisher can put your body out of your splashed with gas or oil.Thank goodness CC Speedway has the best fire and rescue crew around and your never alone.I hate fires the most.

you all do not get the point they had a car this year that had no Brakes and did not get DQed And still got the win He was told to have it fixed by next race they should of Did the same to this guy .

i wonder what car that was ...besides i beleive hands have changed some back there .or they decided it was time toget blank together in order to build cars back up ..with all the wrecks i keep hearing aboult in thunder ..would you not think it may possibly be a brake issue .you know lack of brakes ...or skill ..lol ..we know one thing gb.s back brakes work ..left rear tire is always sliding ..poeple thats one thing that helps that car turn ...

Archived