Gossage coming on M-Zone for March 8

ChuckLicata

Hey gang..

I'm proud to announce that I've got Eddie Gossage, the Executive VP and GM of Texas Motor Speedway, coming on The Motorsports Zone tomorrow. Eddie will lead off the show at 9:02 a.m. Thanks for your continued support of the show, be sure to catch the "Major Announcement" at 9:32 a.m. and--most importantly---let's gooooooooooo racing!!

Chuck L.

My first listen was today,and I was very disapointed,I could care less about Eddie Gossage,I thought I was going to here about local stuff,Chuck,focus more on the local scene,IRL dont mean squat to most of us,I heard ROMCO metioned once,only from a call in.Ill listen again to try it out 1 more time,you have a great concept going.

Boerneracehounds50,

First and foremost, I make no apologies for my show on a week-to-week basis..as Jason pointed out, we can't be a complete show until we get more time--period..

Now, having said that, let me say that I appreciate and value your input (and anyone's input!)...allow me a couple of comments; don't take anything personal and keep the feedback coming! :D

(p.s.--keep in mind I just listened to a tape of the show; I tape every show)

1) Everyone has their own opinions on who's a good guest and who's NOT a good guest..but in my book, Eddie Gossage (one of the most powerful men in racing, let alone in Texas) will ALWAYS be a good guest in my book..and, since I'm trying to do a COMPLETE racing show, I have to address open-wheel racing, thus I brought Kent Johnson, Media Director of IRL, in the Motorsports Zone..

2) ROMCO was actually mentioned 4 times..I talked to Eddie Gossage about ROMCO, the cell phone caller talked about ROMCO, and I read an email from JASON--Yes, YOUR Jason--on the show, and Jason asked about ROMCO..(by the way, Jason, texasspeedzone.com was mentioned SEVEN TIMES on the show :D )

3) Local racing is important in the Motorsports Zone..we've had Mary Ann Naumann on twice, we've had the Texas TracGroup guys on 4 times (although, you could say TexasTracGroup is more "state" than "local" racing)..we've had Mike Haag on once and will have him on this week...we've had Jay Hallas on twice Let me tell you this--once the show goes 2 hours, I'm going to have "Local racing on the 20's"...That means we'll focus on Local Racing during the 9:20 and 10:20 segments, once we go 2 hours..In the meantime, we'll do what we can to present a complete show and hope everyone's understanding..

If you have any guest suggestions, feel free to mail them to mzone1300@hotmail.com--and thanks for listening!

Chuck

Chuck,I agree,a 2 hour show would do the trick,maybe it was a show just I had no intrest in,I love IRL,and maybe others do to,I just thought my first listen I would here all about the local dirt,and pavement tracks a little closer to Austin,like I said I will give it another listen or two,Im listing via internet and the buffering really gets bad,dont know if its my puter of what,but its better than nothing.Like I also said,we need someone to have a racing show and you are on the right track,.....Hey suggestion,theres a new track by Kerrville,call him up and Im sure he will return your phone call to be on the show....lmao :P

:ph34r: (a smiley with a full face helmet)

Hey Boerneracehounds50,

I have left several messages for that "new track in Kerrville." From what I understand, our good buddy rebelwriter is having problems getting hold of management there, too..and he lives there!

Then again, Jay Hallas seems to have his hands full with the Hooters girls! I'd take them over ANY track management at ANY time!

Let's gooooooooo racing!

Chuck,lmao,didnt think you would respond to that one,lol,lol,lol,they do read their web site.I know for a fact they do,they deleted a post of mine minutes after it was up,and I said nothing negetive,I know,I know,thats hard for some to believe,it was just the truth over personall dealings with the owner,so they do read,just dont respond,hard to operate a track that way,hope thats not whats in store for everyone after it does open. :rolleyes:

Archived