Saratoga Speedway

Racer26

i know of someone who has talked with gary wright and supposedly the hobbs deal is off,but there is someone thinking of lease to own ,but they are concerned that everyone has given up on running there and worried about car count's, they know it needs to be a solid commitment to get the cars back,i told them buy it they will come!mods,super or limiteds,pures and bombers

If someone is interested in re-opening Saratoga Speedway but are worried about car count, they should post something on this website. I think they would find a favorable response. If the local dirt drivers in Corpus knew there was someone committed to keeping the gates open, they would support the track. When the track re-opened last year, the car count and fans were there in good numbers.

supertx, Here's what I heard, their was a dispute between the owner and the promoter last year at mid season. The promoter left or was let go(not sure which) and the new promoter got a 1 year lease, which ran out midseason this year. The lease was not renewed, for what/whoevers reason and they closed the doors. Maybe hubb44 can help fill in the blanks a little more.

• 5 weeks later...

Well if it was to re open we would bring 3 or 4 bombers and a modified. Paved would be awesome too. If they need any help getting the track open please let us know we would be more then happy to help out and get the word out. I know before lots of people had no idea it was even there and if they could lower the $$$ to race that would be great.

lol Kenny,

Well I heard dirt is for plowing and and asphalt is for racing lol. :D Well we started on asphalt but we tried dirt last year also and we really liked it. I sure hope Saratoga opens again. We did not get a chance to race there. We did go once to check the track out and it seemed to be a nice track, not so sure about the pit area. I heard it holds lots of water when it rains. We would like to give it a try.

Like I said if they do decide to open let us know asap and we will help get the word out. :D

Archived