IHRA Rookie Nitro Funny Car Driver Allan Middendorf

San Antonio, TX – March 31, 2008 - IHRA Rookie Nitro Funny Car Driver Allan Middendorf will make his professional drag racing debut during the Amalie Motor Oil Nationals, April 4th – 6th at the San Antonio Raceway.

Middendorf will race his 8,000 horsepower, fire breathing Chevy Nitro Fuel Funny Car to compete in the qualifying rounds on Friday, April 4th and Saturday, April 5th, and with great hopes, compete in the elimination rounds on Sunday, April 6th.

“I feel great about going into my first IHRA professional drag race,” said Middendorf. “The first IHRA race I attended (as a spectator) was in San Antonio in 2003, which is why I am so excited to make my professional debut here. The people in San Antonio were awesome fans and I’m amped that I can be a part of the races here. It was a just a dream a few years ago when I realized that I wanted to do this. Now here we are, and I am revved up and ready to go.”

A former Motocross champ, racing is not new to Allan Middendorf. In his decade long career, he earned 26 wins and three championships. Allan will use that same drive and determination, that helped him excel in Motocross, in the competitive world of Funny Cars. Allan says he and his team are up for the challenge and are eager to participate in this exciting competition.

Middendorf has diligently pursued his dream to become a Nitro Funny Car driver over the last five years. “After going to my first drag race at my local track, I stumbled upon the IHRA and booked a flight to the first race, which was in San Antonio. As I walked to through the gates, I thought, ‘Here I am-WOW this is cool!’ After that day, I made the commitment to work my tail off seven days a week and to save every dime I made to invest in my racing dream.”

In the pits, Allan found support for his pursuit. “I used to fly to the races, walk up to the pits and ask what I could do to learn the ropes. Some people turned me away while others took me up on the offer. They would let me stay with them for the weekend where I would earn my keep by washing parts or cleaning the body. The teams would reward me with the awesome privilege to be on the starting line with the team. I would sit in the car, check out all the controls, and ask tons of questions to learn about driving a Funny Car. I‘ve paid for all my own drag racing schools, licenses, fire suits, marketing, etc. It's been a five year commitment but it has started to pay as I'm living the dream...”

Now, Allan is about to ignite his dream!!!!

Middendorf’s sponsors include Cashman Homebuyers; Science of Racing; National Tire and Battery; Florida Brake and Truck Parts; and Middendorf & Reuss Construction

To schedule a media interview contact Sue Steiniger - 314-368-6861

Race Car Driver Allan Middendorf to Make Appearance at Methodist Children’s Hospital

San Antonio, TX. - March 24, 2008: IHRA Funny Car Driver Allan Middendorf will make a special appearance at the Methodist Children’s Hospital in San Antonio on Wednesday, April 2nd to give young hospital patients a glimpse of the world of professional Drag Racing.

Middendorf, scheduled to make his debut in the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Funny Car races the first weekend in April at the San Antonio Raceway, spent the first 18 months of his life in the hospital. Because of his life experiences, he makes it a point to visit children's hospitals to bring smiles to kids' faces. “I want to help the kids see that they should follow their dreams and never take "no" for an answer,” said Middendorf. A philosophy that Allan says has served him throughout his life and professional career.

Allan will visit a number of the hospital units on Wednesday, April 2nd from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. He will sign autograph cards, answer questions, take photos, show and explain the racing gear, play games and give away IHRA stickers and hot wheels cars. The visit will include kids ranging in age from toddlers to18 years. Middendorf will race his 8,000 horsepower, fire breathing Chevy Nitro Fuel Funny Car in the Amalie Motor Oil Nationals at the San Antonio Raceway. He will compete in the qualifying rounds on Fri., April 4th, Sat., April 5th and in the elimination rounds on Sunday, April 6th.

Several of the young hospital patients will be Allan’s guest at the Drag Races on Saturday, April 5th. They will have the opportunity to visit the Pit area for a close-up view of the race car and have their photo taken with Allan and other race car drivers. A former Motocross superstar, racing is not new to Allan Middendorf. In his decade long career, he earned 26 wins and three championships. Allan will use that same drive and determination, that helped him excel in Motocross, in the competitive world of Funny Cars.

Allan says he and his team are up for the challenges and are eager to participate in this exciting competition.Media Interview Opportunity: Allan is available for event site, in studio or phone-in media interviews from Wednesday, April 3rd through Monday, April 6th. To schedule contact interview Sue Steiniger 314-368-6861.

Archived