Texas Pro Sedan drivers

This is an excerpt from my post race report to Neil.

"I have looked up (from the driver's seat of race cars) at the officials and track workers for a long time. I tried to treat your drivers with courtesy and respect, "please and thank you", "sir and mam" . As a whole, I was impressed with what I got back from them in the exchanges.

See you on down the road."

It was a REALLY different perspective for me to "work" a race instead of being in it. It is extremely weird to be standing in the infield by yourself.

I would like to thank Neil Upchurch and the TPS drivers and crews for the opportunity.

Regards

Jay

No SIR. The lap dance will come from the 410/Perrin Creek/Cowboy's Dance Hall area, not Santa's Wonder Land.

Like the hairy German at Snoopy's in Corpus today????

Like the hairy German at Snoopy's in Corpus today????

YOU MEN ARE JUST ROTTEN .....JAY WERE YOU TRYNG TOGET THOSE CARS TO RUB THE FRONT WALL ...LOOKED REALLY CLOSE FROM WHERE BIG AND I WERE STANDING..... SOMETHING ELSE I WAS WONDERING ABOULT ..JAY ..WERE YOU TRYING TO GET A DATE WITH LISA IN THE PRO SEDAN 28 ..YOU SURE GOT CLOSE ... I KNOW JESSIE IN THE 7 TALK TO YOU ..DID HE GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO TAKE HER OUT ....I WANT TO GET ALL THAT INFO LOGGED INTO MY RACEN DIARY......JUST IN CASE WE MAY HAVE TO ADJUST THAT AT A LATER DATE ..

YOU MEN ARE JUST ROTTEN .....JAY WERE YOU TRYNG TOGET THOSE CARS TO RUB THE FRONT WALL ...LOOKED REALLY CLOSE FROM WHERE BIG AND I WERE STANDING.....

Race director said "15 feet".

SOMETHING ELSE I WAS WONDERING ABOULT ..JAY ..WERE YOU TRYING TO GET A DATE WITH LISA IN THE PRO SEDAN 28 ..YOU SURE GOT CLOSE ...

It took us a while to understand that she was out of communication with the tower. We were attempting to slot her into the correct restart position...honest.

I KNOW JESSIE IN THE 7 TALK TO YOU ..DID HE GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO TAKE HER OUT ....

If Jesse is the black 7, he stopped to ask my opinion on whether or not his windshield was likely to rust with all that oil that was all over it....he did not mention the 28 :D

Jay

yes he is the black 7 ....i dont think he saw you with her ..communication .. with the tower my foot .. .. there was so much chatter dureing the race most drivers gould not tell who was being talked to ..good job at looking good out there ..you ganna do it again ..a lady in the pits . asked us if you were going to run out and pick up that cone after they pass ..i thought that would be a neat trick ..you would have to be fast ..

oldtimer wrote:

" there was so much chatter during the race most drivers could not tell who was being talked to ..."

I don't recall communicating with the tower under green. I assumed that I was on a channel to the race director/ other officials. Are you saying that "everyone" (in car scanners too?) is on the same channel?

I don't recall saying anything that I would mind a competitor hearing.

I could hear the race director talking to the individual cars under green. I had no idea your series did that .

Do some of the competitors have their own spotters and 2 way communication "in one ear" and the tower in the other?

Thanks

Jay

Archived