Recap and results of Saturday's racing action.

Twitch

As the sun began setting on Corpus Christi at 241 Flato Rd. The lights from The Asphalt Bullring illuminated the night sky. At 8:00 pm racing started at CC Speedway - The Asphalt Bullring.

Michael & Mitzi Rhoads had a special night planned for all the kids, young and old. For the big kids a night full of racing, for the little ones a huge easter egg hunt on the track. Litte kids smiling because of one small gesture by Michael & Mitzi Rhoads.

Truly, they are making this not only an exciting racing destination on saturday nights, but a family friendly environment.

After the intermission Easter Egg hunt, the feature races started with the Texas True Stocks. Joe Arce in his #55 pulled to the front and dominated the 20 lap race as the #21 and #25 traded places for the 2nd and 3rd spots close behind. The close finish was #55 Joe Arce, #25 Earnie Villagas, and #21 David Moore.

Next up the premier run of the Pro-4s, a new class at The Asphalt Bullring. Randy Lee's #30 and Lalo "Top Dog" Leal's #26 fought for the lead while Arial Arredondo's #29 followed closely looking for an opening. Randy Lee's #30 proved to be the "Top Dog" this time followed by Lalo's # 26 and Arial's #29.

The #29 Texas Thunder of Johnny Guerra pulled out early but was foiled by an exciting move by the #77 of G.B. Carter. The fans came to their feet as he took it three wide between the #28 & #25 to blow past Johnny for the win. They finished #77, #29, & #23 respectively.

The top class running on Goodyear Eagles had the #72 of Rex Henley leading over half the race as the #34 of Greg Carlucci fought his way to 2nd place. A late race caution set the stage for a duel that was won by Carlucci in the last 2 laps with Rex Henley & Mark Villareal finishing out the top three.

Overall the racing was exciting and full of energy. Michael & Mitzi Rhoads and their staff have brought the excitment of asphalt racing back to Corpus Christi as they refurbish the 63 year old track back to its glory and remember the days when A.J.Foyt and the Labonte brothers were running at the Asphalt Bullring.

Next week will see the Texas Dwarf Cars and the Pro-Trucks adding to the field for 5 features of fast paced family fun starting at 8:00 pm. The gates open at 5:00pm. $10.00 adults; 12 and under free; seniors and military 1/2 price.

Edited by Twitch

When the minnies were replaced with thunder cars in 2000,there were only 2 cars lrft.When it was known the class was here to stay the car count went to over 20.When people realize Mike and Shawn are here to stay,all the cars will be back.After all this is still the most fun track to race on.

Next week will see the Texas Dwarf Cars and the Pro-Trucks adding to the field for 5 features of fast paced family fun starting at 8:00 pm. The gates open at 5:00pm. $10.00 adults; 12 and under free; seniors and military 1/2 price.

The Texas Dwarf Cars no longer exist. They operate under a different name.

The Texas Dwarf Cars no longer exist. They operate under a different name.

The new organization is called Dwarf Car Racing Series Of South Texas. Thanks James slight oversight.

the 28 did not race and i did not see a 25 the old 25 is the 9

i think the Labonte brother moved when Bobby was like 7 or 8 that is what i can rember people telling me

thats right bj that would have been a neat trick for the 28 .seeing we were all sitting up in the stands ..the cars were at home ... .........twitch gb blew by johnny when he spun in some wet stuff i would not want you to pad that swelled up head of gb.s ...was alittle hairy for a second three wide thow ....lol

I heard A.J.Fojt also raced here in a midget.Wouldnt it be nice if there were pictures>OT,good luck in Red River,I hope you get Lisa back to CC soon afterwords.

thanks gb be nice if all of us could go up ..you should run really good there .your kinda track ..our kind i hope .. aswell as they being able to come here ..that would be nice ..going to be some fast as hell laps from what i see ...low 14.s id bet .. have a toyota and saab to chase ....as for lisa's car thats up to her .i fix it... she drives it ......still have cc tires ...ps dont count out jessie and lisa also work on her car ..now if can just get jessie to work on his ,lol ill be in trouble for that one ..im off the rest of the week ..got alot of work to do ..self imposed lunch break at this second ... where the heck is arial .i need some help ..

Edited by oldtimer

the 28 did not race and i did not see a 25 the old 25 is the 9

i think the Labonte brother moved when Bobby was like 7 or 8 that is what i can rember people telling me

thats right bj that would have been a neat trick for the 28 .seeing we were all sitting up in the stands ..the cars were at home ... .........twitch gb blew by johnny when he spun in some wet stuff i would not want you to pad that swelled up head of gb.s ...was alittle hairy for a second three wide thow ....lol

ha ha, I didn't write it I just posted it. Don't shoot the messenger....ha ha I did see and hear you guys talking about it after the race. (We usually sit near turn 1 on the bottom row)

no you did not see me talking about it after the race i left bofor the ss where given the trophs <_<

Actually for some reason I was thinking I was replying to GB sorry about that. I could hear GB say something about it to Guerra when they climbed out of their cars after the race. I could hear him clear up in the stands. That's how some of us in the stands knew that the track crew was trying to find the spot. Instead of wondering what they were looking for. :)

Edited by Twitch