Time For "The Texas Mile"

KISS_Racing

It is that time again: Texas Mile

This coming weekend March 29 & 30 will be The Texas Mile. Several of San Antonio's own will be running their Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles and Sleds trying to set personal records as well as Class records.

Mike Zinna of San Antonio will be try to break 200MPH after several failed attempts last October including two back to back runs of 199.05MPH.

The best to Mikey and all the competitors this weekend @ "The Texas Mile"

Yes it is Texas Mile time again! Dad and Jenn will be back with their turbo busa looking for a tick over 222mph. If they can hit this mark it would make Jenn (my sister) the fastest female on a motorcycle in any type of land speed racing. That would be really cool. See yall there!

Yes it is Texas Mile time again! Dad and Jenn will be back with their turbo busa looking for a tick over 222mph. If they can hit this mark it would make Jenn (my sister) the fastest female on a motorcycle in any type of land speed racing. That would be really cool. See yall there!

will your sister and dad .have more...more cough .you know than you .... come to think of it .they have more than me ...hope she pulls it off .and have a safe weekend ..love to go but will be in red river ...it seems our lives are always in the search for more speed ... gets addictive dont it .....no cure ..

Black Z06. It's the one we taped up like three times last year. 200MPH tape my(shoot, sorry kids)... He had just been road racing several weeks before The Mile last year and didnt have time to replace the clutch, otherwise those two 199's would have been easy 200's... Their shooting for 204/205 range, I'm thinking an easy 208+ more like 211ish...

I'm hoping my friend from Victoria comes to cover the event. She blogs for the paper there and has covered I-37 Raceway and written some stuff on TMS and other places.

I'm wondering if Tommy Bahn will be there again this year? That was crazy watching him do donuts with his shuts still out, it's a wonder he didnt crash....

neon14,

nice to meet ya'....

Wow, what a crazy weekend. Between the wind and rain; ok mainly wind it made for a long & crazy weekend. Well still no 200 for Us, but a ton of 195 and 196 runs.

Watching the jetcar setting a record and then breaking it with a 324MPH was great. Watching a Toyota Supra go 229MPH and The old streetcar record holder Tommy Bahn also in a Supra trying to capture his record back was oh so cool...

All in all we had a blast, maybe October we'll go 200... :D

Thanks to all the NASA folks and glad to have made a bunch of new friends...

Mark, it was really cool talking to you. Your friend has a super nice car, looks good and flat gets with it. He will get that 200mph club t-shirt this october. That jet car rocked and that y2k jet motorcycle was pretty cool to. Its to bad it got so windy. Jenn will have to wait till october also to meet her goal. 215mph just wasnt good enough and she was disapointed. Believe it or not she completly wore out a brand new rear tire in 7 passes down the mile. The tire slips so much at those speeds its actually spinning trying to push the bike through the wind. Pretty crazy stuff. She had some trouble shifting into 6th gear with the wheel slippage, dad says they need to get the gears cut and that will help. One pass she went through the traps in 5th gear at 208! Thats one fast street bike. Cant wait till october.

Will,I know Jenn had to have a hell of a ride with the wind conditions on 2 wheels at over 200.Some good friends of mine ,the Boost Logic Gang from Austin ran their Toyota Supra @ 229.7 and said the wind was buckin it around pretty good,had to let off a few times just to find a comfort zone.

Tommy,

he is a super nice guy. I talked to him for a couple of minutes waiting in line Sunday before I left. I could be wrong on this, but I was told the 229.7 run was without Nitrous, the tech guy told us he pulled the bottle during tech and stated they were going to be no nitrous runs. I didnt look in hatch area and wouldnt have known he was runnning nitrous had the tech guy not told us. That car had probably another 3-5MPH easily left on the strip, it was insane when it spooled to be breaking the tires loose and not at the top of each gear either.

Mark

No n2o.All motor from what i was told.They figure around 238 next time.They rent sar all the time to test their cars.Their all-out drag car runs 7's.check out you tube and type in boost logic supra ,they have alot of footage,even when they blew the air bags on launch one time