uh oh....

jracer98

that is some stupid shistufff....pretty soon they will be convicting hockey players.

live by the gun - die by the gun. these cars don't carry insurance policies , and chances are the other guy 'bly' used his car as a weapon 1st.

it's racing! grow some nuts or go home and play with ur barbies.

invoking a riot????? piss on it , let em fight. when they are done they are tired and easier to arrest. i've seen bad situations turn worse because of some weekend rent a wanna be johnny super heroes with their borrowed badge and a pair of cuffs.

It might be a matter of some states having control of all Motorsports in the state.

I do not know which branch, Sheriff, DOT, Hwy Patrol, etc, But some of the northeast states administer rules and regulations for auto racing, and things like the story of one ramming another has a difference consequence in that state.

The Law determines the punishment, not the promoter.

Edited by txtom

This was way beyond rent a cops.

This was a judge, a jury and a verdict.

Some racers might not have much at stake, but some others might have personal or business situations that are just too much to put "at risk" in a little mostly-for-fun Saturday night car race if this becomes "popular".

JMO

Jay

Just my opinion, but it sounds alot like a lack in officiating let this fued get way out of hand. I'm pretty sure this isnt a case of just banging doors. Probably like a t-bone after the race. Hope this doesnt give there track a black eye.

Just my opinion, but it sounds alot like a lack in officiating let this fued get way out of hand. I'm pretty sure this isnt a case of just banging doors. Probably like a t-bone after the race. Hope this doesnt give there track a black eye.

I agree. "Crashed into the side" can be taken several different ways and the article doesn't explain it well at all.

Yeah, the whole thing is silly. Why don't we just show up at the track with a large, mean pit crew and when the fight's over, we can hand out the trophies and cash to the winners. Heck, we don't even need a track, any street corner or alley will do. After all, it isn't "rubbin is racin'" anymore, it's "blockin' is racin.'" If you get a run on me, I get to put you into the wall or stick you in the infield. As long as I get to the finish line firs, I win, right?

I'm not sure we even have to worry about fuel prices or the future of short-track racing...

this is a really bad thing for all of us

next thing you know if you bump some body you can go to jail...

so if you hit some one and then they hit back (with their car) do they both go to jail

what judge in his "left" mind let this go so far....freaking cry baby libs.......................

a few years a ago there was a series in texas named romco super late models some might remeber a few rivals there.. i cant say names but a few will be smart enough to figure it out..

there was a driver who sent a letter to another driver via fax and certified mail that in lamens terms stated leave me alone at or on the track or i will sue you for everything you have... along with this was another letter that on a personal level and to me was a threat. lot of big "lawyer" words where used that "electricions" wouldnt normal use.. and this letter was reveiwed by another lawyer said that by law this other lawyer could actually proceed with this but it would be hard to have a judge go all the way with it....this was of the main reasons i stepped away from asphalt racing...and now it is getting worse... i used to think racing was for men but i guess now it is for men, women, kids, homosexuals, cry babys, illegal aliens, and all around whiners and sheepeople..but what should we expect look at the usa ten years ago and look at the usa today.....well i gave my 2 cents worth

A man is arrested,charged and tried before a jury and they find him guilty from the evidence put before them and you say the judge let it go to far?

so should john force should sue...nhra, ford, castrol, goodyear, weisco,austin coil, the race track and who ever else he wants cause he got injured in a 300 mph race car......he might win against one of them so he should right??????????????????what ever

Stock car was deadly weapon

By REBECCA T. DICKSON

New Hampshire Union Leader Correspondent

Thursday, Oct. 12, 2006

Claremont – Police arrested a Unity man Tuesday on felony charges after an officer said he intentionally crashed his race car into two others during a championship race at the Twin State Speedway.

Claremont Police Detective Shawn Hallock said he witnessed Robin H. Blake, 41, of Cold Pond Road, hit brothers David and Ricky Bly during the final race of the season for the Street Stock division on Sept. 8. The crashes nearly caused a riot at the track, officials said.

Blake, who could not be reached yesterday, is the uncle of race car driver Ryan Bell.

According to police, track officials met with David Bly and Ryan Bell just before the race in response to a rumor that Bell planned to crash Bly's car during the event. The two were warned to keep their personal issues off the track.

Hallock said yesterday the Bell/Blake families and the Bly brothers have a long history of animosity over racing styles.

According to court papers, track officials displayed the caution flag immediately after the first crash when Blake hit David Bly of Goshen, which did not result in charges. That flag is supposed to signal drivers to slow to 30 mph and form a single line.

Instead, Blake allegedly drove side-by-side with Ricky Bly of Sunapee. The two cars hit, rubbing against each other. When they reached turn four, Hallock, who was there working a detail, saw them make a sharp left turn, forcing them to spin out into the infield grass in the middle of the track.

Court papers say Blake revved his engine in the infield. When David Bly's car came around, Blake drove at him.

"David told me he could see the Blake car drive across the grass, heading straight toward his door," Hallock said in court papers. "David added that if he didn't stomp on the gas, Blake would have hit him directly in the door." Blake instead hit David Bly's car in the left rear tire area, spinning him around.

Before the crash, while Blake was still in the infield, Hallock was in the pit area, trying to keep Bly's team away from Blake's team.

After the incident, Hallock attempted to speak to Blake, but because the pit was filling with an unruly crowd, Hallock ordered Blake's team to leave. The race was stopped and Hallock had to call for backup to get the spectators under control.

David Bly eventually won the race and his brother, Ricky, finished second.

"I had never seen anything like it, ever, not even when you see NASCAR highlights," Ricky Bly said last night.

The police estimate the damage to David Bly's car exceeds $2,000. No one was injured.

Blake was charged with reckless conduct with a deadly weapon and criminal mischief. Both are felonies punishable by up to seven years in state prison. His arraignment is scheduled for Nov. 15 at Claremont District Court.

But the police said they plan to bring the case to the next Sullivan County Grand Jury, scheduled to convene tomorrow.

Ricky Bly said he wants the track to sanction Ryan Bell for next season's races.

Track owner Dennis Fluery could not be reached yesterday.

Hallock said the police were able to obtain a video of the crashes. But they are asking anyone who has photographs to contact them at 542-9538.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

this is a really bad thing for all of us

next thing you know if you bump some body you can go to jail...

so if you hit some one and then they hit back (with their car) do they both go to jail

what judge in his "left" mind let this go so far....freaking cry baby libs.......................

a few years a ago there was a series in texas named romco super late models some might remeber a few rivals there.. i cant say names but a few will be smart enough to figure it out..

there was a driver who sent a letter to another driver via fax and certified mail that in lamens terms stated leave me alone at or on the track or i will sue you for everything you have... along with this was another letter that on a personal level and to me was a threat. lot of big "lawyer" words where used that "electricions" wouldnt normal use.. and this letter was reveiwed by another lawyer said that by law this other lawyer could actually proceed with this but it would be hard to have a judge go all the way with it....this was of the main reasons i stepped away from asphalt racing...and now it is getting worse... i used to think racing was for men but i guess now it is for men, women, kids, homosexuals,cry babys,illegal aliens,and all around whiners and sheepeople..but what should we expect look at the usa ten years ago and look at the usa today.....well i gave my 2 cents worth

you forgot one ..sissy ...i dont want to look at the . USA today ..depressing ..........man what ever happend to the good old days ...young poeple dont have a clue to what fun really IS ....we had fun growing up .. ..and respected our elders' ...now its [edited out by Nick Holt, 324/08] ... and whatever else they can come up with ..and who fault is it .......................

Okay, where should the line be drawn? I recall a racer and his "group" that used fear of being crashed, along with fear of resprisal if someone crashed him. In the last race of the season, he was rubbed by another competitor while being passed, and yes it was for position, and the only position he lost, but a lot less than he had done himself on occasion. Nothing happened that day, but a week or so later, he assaulted the other driver in the grandstands at another local area track. Now, the assaulting driver is/was a pretty good sized fella, and seemed to have an entourage, including a deputy sheriff. So the other driver, a law abiding citizen and school teacher, was sucker punched when he thought a handshake was being offered, while minding his own business. Neither driver raced at the dirt track where the assault took place, so it would appear out of the control of the race officials where they did race. At one point that same year, the racing association was disallowed from holding meetings at a bowling alley due to a fight, and had to switch to a police sub-station. In the reported case, as usual, some finger pointing at "dems" and "libs", but quite often those same "dems" and "libs" are made to feel unwelcome around auto racing, even on TV by one network. So, are "dems" and "libs" even attending or watching the events? Sooner or later, when about 50% of the population is discouraged from participating, crowds and car counts may begin to suffer. But, like I asked, where should the line be drawn?

In this case I think a fair line was drawn. A driver used his car as a weapon. Not on the track, in the infield during a caution.

Anywhere other than the track, under green, contact is an assault. It doesn't matter if it is a car, a fire extinguisher, a helmet or a fist.

Violence is the last resort of the incompetent

- Isaac Asimov

In this case I think a fair line was drawn. A driver used his car as a weapon. Not on the track, in the infield during a caution.

Anywhere other than the track, under green, contact is an assault. It doesn't matter if it is a car, a fire extinguisher, a helmet or a fist.

Violence is the last resort of the incompetent

- Isaac Asimov

I recall hearing a similiar story from the '50s, that was told on TV a few years back on a "Houston Remember When" PBS show. M J Burton told of a time when he was parked and talking to his brother, Don, when, I believe he said, Jimmy Hicks purposely plowed into M J's car. I'd like to hear the "rest of that story".

Edited by RETrott

I recall hearing a similiar story from the '50s, that was told on TV a few years back on a "Houston Remember When" PBS show. M J Burton told of a time when he was parked and talking to his brother, Don, when, I believe he said, Jimmy Hicks purposely plowed into M J's car. I'd like to hear the "rest of that story".

Who is this Jimmy Hicks guy? Where was/is he from?