Grandstand Seating

RETrott

SAS wasn't even 3,500. don't mean to say you are wrong ,,,,,but i think you are wrong.

i'd guess MAYBE 1,500.

SAS wasn't even 3,500. don't mean to say you are wrong ,,,,,but i think you are wrong.

i'd guess MAYBE 1,500.

Oldtimer was figuring standing room in the parking lot also!!!! :D

What is a realistic grandstand seating capacity at CC Spdwy/Corpus Christi?

OK I went to the track tonight and did some measuring (being I couldn't find my notes) to get an answer to your question.

total spectator seating------4395

total pit seating---------------624

total seating-----------------5019

I measured the length of each set of stands, times rows and estimated on 18" of seat space per spectator. Now I did not allow for the wheel chair parking or the walkthrough in the main specator stand, which I figure you can deduct about 30 + or - . This does not include the 53' X 7' standing platform in turn 4 in the pits.

Using the 18" rule, SAS could seat 5,000 in the main grandstands.

Using the 18" formula, adults are shoulder to shoulder with zero wiggle room. And you and I both know that not everyone has a back side skinny enough to meet the 18" criteria. When I was involved in the management of SAS, we figured that 3,000 was a full house. Frankly, the 3,000 figure was rarely reached even on All Pro or TIDA LM nights.

Nick

How about this.. spectator stands 369' total length x 53 rows pit stands 82' total length x 18 rows Now you can figure it any way you like. ;)

don is that counting turn three stands ... and as for 18 inch .when it comes to the wife part .i aint going to tough that one ..

[edited out by Nick Holt, 3/26,08] I hope Shawn doesnt get all nervious about peoples comments and pull ours too.The information pipeline is too important.

Liiks like the Legacys are going to join us Sat.CC is the perfect size for them,they should have a great race.Now lets fill those 5000 seats.Every week is improving.Im still waiting for those trophie girls from Hooters rstaurant :D

How about this.. spectator stands 369' total length x 53 rows pit stands 82' total length x 18 rows Now you can figure it any way you like. ;)

don is that counting turn three stands ... and as for 18 inch .when it comes to the wife part .i aint going to tough that one ..

Yes that is considered pit stands

Ratdaddy,

You sure work cheap. Do you do home repairs? Auto repairs? Or, are you just used to "racers wages"?

In any event, thanks for the info. I was thinking less, but glad I was wrong. So, if you have 3000 paid in the grandstand, a very good crowd but some wiggle room, as well as youngster free seats. I recall seeing an admission price of $9, is that still about right? What is a normal crowd? I'm not trying to mind someone else's business, just curious. Racers and race tracks both need sponsors and fans, sponsors need fans and customers, and fans need company.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 3/26,08] I hope Shawn doesnt get all nervious about peoples comments and pull ours too.The information pipeline is too important.

Liiks like the Legacys are going to join us Sat.CC is the perfect size for them,they should have a great race.Now lets fill those 5000 seats.Every week is improving.Im still waiting for those trophie girls from Hooters rstaurant :D

thumpers its a long process on there interviews, my office is full I'll get back to you

:D:lol:;)

Archived