THR Competition Director to be announced

More great news from Thunder Hill Raceway!!!

Starting with the 2004 race season, THR will have a Competition Director on board. This will be the first time in THR history that we have dedicated one person to this position.

This person comes to us with years of experience in all areas racing and will be in charge of all race procedures, rule and technical interpretations and will have the final decision in all race aspects from the first race to the season’s final race. This will allow Brian Callaway and Jim Lynch an opportunity to dedicate ourselves to improving the business side of THR. Our goal is to bring more improvements to THR and to ensure an even better facility for our competitors and fans.

The new Competition Director will be introduced at the Drivers Rules and Registration Meeting on Saturday, December 13, 2003. We feel that the person we have selected for this position will be a great asset to all competitors and fans of THR, as well as to the THR staff. We look forward to seeing you on December 13 to help us welcome our new Competition Director.

Thank You,

Brian Callaway

Jim Lynch

supertex... From what I understand, Jack will be back as the Chief Tech at THR next year and for as long as he wants the job. I think it goes without saying that Jack has earned well-deserved reputation for fairness and integrity over the years. I can't think of anyone better qualified for the job.

ss99... I couldn't agree with you more. People trust Jack to do the right thing. Sure he's strict, but he's also fair and doesn't play favorites. What more could a track ask for?

And as for who Brian plans to announce as the Competition Director on the 13th, it's all speculation at this point. I can think of a dozen people who would do a good job in that capacity.

Looks to me like Brian Callaway and Jim Lynch are stepping up and moving in a good direction. I can't wait to see how the proposed back straight widening will impact the competition at THR next season.

Nick Holt

Sorry Prof., I just couldn't resist throwing that out there. I can think of a few myself that would be good for THR but after reading your post about Mr. Holland (who owed my Dad money as well) I thought maybe you had been bitten by the weekly "competition director bug" again !!

Good news for the local racing scene, for sure....Good luck to whomever gets the position..

Archived