Fire Department

SassyCassie14

I didn't want to sound negative with all the efforts going into reviving and enhancing the facility so I kept my mouth shut about the lack of the fire department. I am quite happy to hear they will be there and hope they will be there very week. They can also help water if needed!

Don in Austin

THATS GREAT NEWS WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET THEM AND TELL THEM ABOUT THE FIRE AT ABILENE TO PREPARE THEM FOR THE WORST I DONT KNOW IF THEY HEARD OF IT BUT MAYBE IF WE CAN OR REB COULD TELL THEM HOW IT HAPPENED AND HOW IT GOT OUT OF HAND FAST FOR THERE SAFETY AND OURS ABILENE ALSO HAD A FIRE TRUCK WE ARE GLAD TO KNOW THEY R THERE AND WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIGHT A FIRE BUT WOULD LIKE TO PREPARE THEM WE WOULD GIVE THE GAS AND A FUEL CELL TO DEMO HOW FAST A FIRE LIKE THAT CAN GET OUT OF HAND IN A RACE CAR TO HELP THEM PREPARE OR MAYBE THEY ALREADY HAVE IF SO GREAT GLAD TO SEE THEM THERE PUTTING THERE LIVES ON THE LINE THANKS WE ALWAYS HAVE RYAN ON OUR MINDS :(

ALSO THEY MAY WANT TO TALK TO FRANK T HE WAS THERE AND FROM A PREV TRACK MANAGER HE COULD GIVE SOME INSITE TO FIGHT A FIRE LIKE THAT HE WAS THERE ALSO THANKS FOR UR TIME

Do fire departments practice Race car evecuations?

Do they know about the master power swich? Where batteries are located?

Master power switch is nice, but I think a fuel shut-off valve is just as important. Probably would have saved someone a few bucks in fuel and gas lines last week. ;)

I'm not hating, I just thought it was manditory at all tracks. Don't want to ruffle any feathers. :P

im not telling them there job im sure they r well qualified and probably the best in the buisness but racing fuel 22 gals dumping on a car going into a drivers compartment is prob the worst ive seen im sure they have seen worse the abilene crew done there best i want the fire fighters to be safe also they r there to help us and im glad they r there thanks in advance greg and candace

Jamie, as far as mandatory stuff, IMCA rules are the one of the most strict. As of this year ALL fuel cells are supposed to have some type rollover valve in them. Some are good, some are cheesy flapper valves that I've seen fall off in the fuel tank after only a few races. NOT GOOD!!

Track rules are all different, some don't even require drivers to wear gloves......which I think is stupid...but I'm not the track owner/promoter, so what the hell do I know? All I did was watch some 23 yr. old burn to death in his racecar.....he had all the safety equipment that money could buy too.

I understand that last weekend was a rare occurance with all the fire departments out fighting grass/brush fire. But I'm sure Mickey was looking for a fire truck, and thank GOD that rollover pouring out fuel never ignited!!!!!! That would have be very serious.....trust me!!!

Guys/gals......EVERYBODY has to be prepared!!!! How many have a fire extinguisher in their truck/trailer/hauler????? How many have old, holey, greasy, worn out fire suits? How many wear nomex underwear? Gloves, Neck brace/hans/hutchins,.....I could go on and on......

How many people actually know long it takes them to get out of their own racecar in case of emergency????

Ya I'm back to preachin' again......but when you still wake up having nightmares about the Abilene incident......I'm gonna preach!!!!!!

AND DO NOT TELL ME......"I can't afford safety gear".....I'll tell you that you need to find another hobby, like needlepoint!!!!

<<<<Steps off soap box, gives floor back posters

Archived