Joe Horne

SassyCassie14

This week, our very own Joe Horne, from San Antonio, TX, will be bringing out his #67 Street Stock Car.

He will be bringing along 2 other cars as well.

Mr. Horne is 75 years young and was the former Track Operator of San Antonio Speedway and I-37 Speedway.

He has alot of experience boys & girls, so be ready.

Reb , you have to be driver first, then you get a suite,lol,lol, :rolleyes::D:P

Mike - Oh Oh .. I think you've done it now. Reb don't take kindly anyone implying that he's no racer...

Reb - Be kind to Mike. Maybe he knoweth not how great a sin he hath committed...

Mr. Horne - On behalf of all us old farts, show those kids how it's done! Good to see you're still throwing dirt.

Nick

Hey Nick,Why dont you join us out there Friday night..There are a bunch of us from way back when... We could talk about the past and the future...Hell,perhaps ratchet jaw and a few could all join in... I know Mr James Meyers will be there.. If you come out, its on me... Just let me know.... Frank t

Sounds like a good deal to me, Frank. I'd love to do some bench racing with y'all.

But right now I'm in upstate Mississippi on business and won't be driving back until tomorrow. It took me almost 14 hours to get here on Wednesday because of a two hour construction delay between Port Arthur and Beaumont. I plan on leaving here right after my 8:00 a.m. meeting (which I hope only takes a few minutes to wrap up), so I might be back in time if it's smooth sailing. PM me your cell number so I can call you when I get close to home.

Nick

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey........as I recall the last time I drove one of Mr. Horne's cars I finished third after starting deadass last(14th).

So what was that about a being a driver??? :P

Granted there were several cars that spun, crashed or broke........but to finish first, you must first finish. I returned the car with only some slight bumper damage..... ;)

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey........as I recall the last time I drove one of Mr. Horne's cars I finished third after starting deadass last(14th).

So what was that about a being a driver??? :P

Granted there were several cars that spun, crashed or broke........but to finish first, you must first finish. I returned the car with only some slight bumper damage..... ;)

YES I SAW THE BUMPER THE FRONT ON THE REAR ;) I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS REB AND BH55 IM LEANING TOWARD THE KERRVILLIAN BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PHOTO FINISH ALSO WOULD MAKE A GREAT WRITE UP I WILL WRITE IT MAYBE I WOULD FIND THE CAPS BUTTON 4 U ;)

The last time I seen Mr. Horne he was flying through the air and slamming into the ad sign on the back straight at STS, upside down with mud coming in to windows. This is one tough old bird, and a really nice guy to boot. Theres alot to be learned from our elders, lifes experiences are priceless.

SHHHHHHHHHH Greg......it wasn't that bad! :lol: Just because the end of the rear bumper was sticking out at a 90 degree angle :o , doesn't mean a thing. LMAO I don't remember exactly who it was, but they got too high and came back down into me as I was passing by.....I'm innocent!! ;)

Honestly, to re-iterate what others have said, Mr. Horne is a super guy and has allowed me several opportunities to drive one of his cars at I-37. Some races were better than others, but I never killed one of his cars.......YET! LOL

<<<<<Knocking wood>>>>>

Archived