Correction

Sarge

Hi Y'all.

I know some of y'all here on this board, (Hi Reb, Hi Marc, Hi Beorne) but not alot of y'all

I am the new announcer for I-37 Speedway. I took over the duties starting with last weeks race.

Which brings me to the reason why I am posting. During that show last Saturday I kept annuncing that the winter series would start on Sunday, January 3rd. Well, that is partially right.

I-37's Winter Series starts on SATURDAY, January 3rd. Gates open at 11 am and racing starts at 2 pm. Then will continue through all the following Saturdays. I do not know at this time when the Winter Series will stop and the "regular" season will begin.

So sorry for any confusion.

Come on out on Jan 3rd and see the races. Pretty much the only live racing action to be had in the state of Texas.

Cya at the races

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway Co-Announcer

I-37 Speedway Announcer

Dancer52,

I take it your part of A. J. Dancer's team?

I have announced previously at Texas Dirt Speedway in San Antonio when it was first opened. I was also briefly the Pit Steward there in '96.

I also announced at South Texas Speedway in Corupus Christi while Jerry Edwards had the track. I, along with almost all the other Edwards employees, was let go when Gary lost the track. I sure do miss announcing there.

Don't really miss Texas Dirt. LOL :rolleyes:

Also for the past two years I have shared a microphone alongside the great Big Joe Lombardi at Texas Thunder Speedway in Killeen. And I plan on being Big Joe's sidekick again next year, as they race Saturday nights.

I think I remember y'all from Corpus? It has been a long time since I have been down there but I seem to remember y'all!

Man I saw a bunch of names I hadn't heard in a long time. Mikulencak, Whitaker, Majek, Flanagan, Hienaman, Grobe, and Ross. Man those guys put on some great battles in the Late Models in Corpus. Looks like they haven't missed a beat in the Mods! I murdered almost everyone elses name, but not those! :D

I look forward to seeing all the "old" Corpus racers. I didn't have much time to wander the pits last week, but I will try and make the rounds on the 3rd.

Hope to see y'all next year. You did a heck of a job last week!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway Co-announcer

I-37 Speedway Announcer

Edited to fix Mr. Edward's name. I am sorry for the mistake.

Slider,

Thanks. You get around the 'net don't cha!

You and that beautiful lady you hang out with going to come done and see us this winter? Would love to have Slider in the house!

John

Hey man, how the heck are ya! I was trying to remember your name the other day. LOL you would figure an announcer would be good at names, wouldn't ya :rolleyes:

:D

And thanks, <shrug> Gary, Jerry, Larry, I was in the ball park. ;)

And it is Mike-Len-Check

Not Mick-Len-Check,

Not Mack-Len-Check

Mike-Len-Check!

:P

What are you up to? Haven't seen ya in a coon's age. Come on up to I-37 and reintroduce yourself. Racers can bench race, us announcers can bench talk! We can talk about the great old days at South Texas Speedway!

Glad we bumped into each other here. Look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Cya at the track

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Archived