Way to go

Jason

By far way better then my expectations! No disrespect being said but I was impressed with the majority of the night. Obviously some very liveable problems probably more then what everyone knows from behind the scene but I went away with very high hopes for this year.

Couple of positive notables:

* The grand stand was over flowing, awesome!

* The car counts were good overall, with Mods, Limiteds and Pure pulling their weight.

* Once started, the show ran really good!

* Announcer was awesome and had the fans rocking!

* Wreckers, werent very many but they got the track cleared and did a wonderful job keeping the races going.

* Food was above average which is good for a racetrack.

* Shirts and hats were cool!

* Nice security presence.

* Announced points change not counting every week.

* Nice new pit stands to watch races, I like that.

* Most importantly I saw a positive attitude!

* Purse was good, no waiting with a small bonus.

Couple of negatives notable:

* Almost 1 1/2 hour late start.

* Alittle too much water on track causing the late start.

* No speaker system in Pits. Be a big help.

* Need something at drivers meeting to hear them talking.

* Not counting points last night espicially when we can throw out races doesnt seem right.

* Rules, rules, rules. Please dont make no more exceptions on anything in any class. Espicially the weight rule.

However after everything all in all it was an awesome night with a hell of a bright future. I am happy to announce that they surpassed all of my expectations and then some.

I'd like to add/repeat to the post above...

Pros:

Great to have another track to race at in South Texas

Facility shows some definate hard work and love for the sport

Awesome fan support and turn out

Track was good early

Cons:

Track got really rough late in the evening. Some major holes at both ends (huge one in turn 4) need attention before your next event.

Flagmen -

Ya'll have a tough job and catch a lot of flack. I know you can't catch everything. But guys, You gotta pay closer attenion to whats going on all over the track. There are two of you up there for a reason. You can't just let cars fly off the track and not figure it out until 2 laps later.

You need quality starts and restarts! Numerous ones that were terrible! Cars were all over the place and you let them go. If it doesn't look right, please don't throw the green. Make them get it right!

Please don't take this personally. I feel I-37 can be very successful if you'll continue to make improvements. Your headed in the right direction so keep up the hard work.

Until the next time...

RN :)

Thank you gonzales family for introducing yourself, and letting everyone at the track meeting know your intentions. Myself 41 years young been around racing for a couple years would probably grade opening night a B+. Keep up the great work!! JMO

as the flagman, he needs to have more control on what or when he can throw the yellow flag and not to be told to hold it not yet , not yet time and time again just because you want the show over eairly. beleave me im out there to take care of each one of you and do not want you guys and gals hurt in any way . if i would of had it my way there would have been alot of more yellow flags thrown. :angry: i cant make all happy sry . good luck to all of you hope yall have a great year

Was very impressed on the turnout for the first night... All in all it was a good night but no one is going to be completely happy. I had a blast and I know of quite a few people that had a blast on their first trip to the track.

Just keep up the good work. Looks like Ty's hard work paid off... See ya'll next race...

it has been brought to my attention that some people think i was bashing i-37 in my earlier post.that is not the case at all. i have worked this track on and off since frank t was there it a few years ago.all i was doing was defending myself.i would never bash the only place i go to see or work with the sport i love.

Archived