CC Speedway rumors

NickHolt

Kathy--Good point, especially since those folks probably didn't take the time to buy the name..LOL :lol::lol::lol:

I have only heard of Owen at the TAMS races at THS and think he really has no choice but to be fair at the Corpus track ,if not it would look really bad for the TAMS class. If he is not fair at one series then the other would suffer too. As far as the new "Era" of CC Speedway I will come watch and see if it is better or worse. The Yocums made their mistakes at first then seen to correct them. The car count has grown over the last few seasons and anyone who would do anything to change that would be stupid. But hey everyone has a learning curve. [Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 12/14/03] Time will only tell . Good luck

Mudd

Well, I am going to be out there, minding my own business, concentrating on winning some races... We all need to give it a try, who knows, it might just what the doctor ordered (no pun intended). We will never know till the season starts and we get in it. I say "gentlemen (& you too Nellie!) start your engines!!"

Rick :D

I know for a fact that Owen will be fair and will do the best that can be done in most situations. I see nothing bad at all from Owen running the operations at CC. We are freinds and he will definitely diqualify me for cheating, that is if he can catch me. LOL.

I have deleted a couple of posts in this thread regarding a punching incident at CC Speedway this past season.

This forum is not a place to bash other drivers or justify fights in the pits by bashing the punched out driver (punchee?). Any further posts bashing drivers involved in this unfortunate CC Speedway incident will likewise be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

• 4 weeks later...

I just hope it is, as you say, a "new era". Let's start with some clean driving and keep it up with limiting "teamwork" situation. I am a very outspoken person and I sometimes speak a little too much(ok, a lot of the time), but I would love nothing more than to have clean, fun racing at this track. There's no reason for a few bad apples to ruin the fun for everyone else. That's all I had to say. :)

I'm sure Owen has a lot of things to take care of between now and the start of the season and hiring the safety and fire crew certainly must be on his list. Owen's phone number is no secret, so if potential CC Speedway service providers and vendors need to talk to him all they have to do is pick up the phone...

Nick Holt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just got home from the cc drivers meeting as of feb 1 dr gregg godfrey owns the track Owen Pitman will manage the track and john lee is pit boss some of the other staff will be the same they are still meeting with them ....2004 should be and interesting season

btw the new name is corpus christi motor speedway

I also hope Freddie & his crew will be back. They are a GREAT fire crew. I also just got home from the drivers meeting and well........ Oh well. We will see I guess. I was suprised Doc had nothing to say and I am not so sure about the Tech but oh well... JMO.

TX_Trouble,

Why fix something that isn't broken and ruin a landmark of racing history?

There are several good reasons to change the name of a business after new ownership takes over. These reasons may involve tax issues and other legal issues.

You will note that the only thing that changed was the addition of the word "Motor."

San Antonio Speedway has been called Highway 16 Raceway, San Antonio Raceway, San Antonio International Speedway and San Antonio Speedway under various track owners if my memory serves.

Nick Holt

Nick you hit the nail on the head. The name was something we had to change. We really feel there is some great tradition in the CC Speedway name so we tried not to get to far away from it. Thus CC motor Speedway, all of our logos and things will try to make the word motor less noticable and keep as much of the history as possible. Thanks guys.

Archived