imca entry level mod

ProTree

I see IMCA is starting a new entry level class called SportMod-they say it's a modified with the lowest possible cost-like small motor-pump gas(no alky or racing gas)-spec head-and a cheap claimer rule-set purse of 200 to win-I see 281 speedway in Stephenville going to run this new class in 2004-what ya'll think about it

Car swap?!?!?! You guys crack me up! It's a motor swap vs the straight claim.

I think they are trying to take advatage of the current limited mods available in the area already. Though I'm not how sure how many of the SIMS/ULMA cars are Ford framed cars. IMCA announced this class in May of 2002, over the past year and a half they have been configuring rules/regulations/etc.

This class is a joke for a entry class,when everything has to have a IMCA stamp/kickback on it and by the way the SIMS limited mods run the metric frame and most run for a better purse then the sportmods do. I read where Rex Merrit ran a sport mod with the regular mods and could keep up with them.Good luck 281 speedway in this venture since most of the state is in a SIMS type car.

Archived