results and car count?

poorboy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oldtimer ENOUGH with all the excuses already its not the tires. That Neon is just plain out faster then your PINTO's.Tires will not make the race any closer. Your gonna need more motor. ;)

got enough motor . if thats all it takes to beat them then i need to spend alot more money on this motor .....

Hope you have deep pockets, you going to need it to out run the FWD cars on asphalt. :ph34r:

LOL......racevw112, motors dont help a car handle. as a matter of fact too much motor will slow an ill handling car down. clock Will in the corners vs all the others and you will see that the chasis dyno is probably more important than the engine dyno.

LOL......racevw112, motors dont help a car handle. as a matter of fact too much motor will slow an ill handling car down. clock Will in the corners vs all the others and you will see that the chasis dyno is probably more important than the engine dyno.

No need to LOL, that is my point dead on, through all the horsepower you want but the FWD will get you in the end.

By the way, I'm pro THUMPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

got enough motor . if thats all it takes to beat them then i need to spend alot more money on this motor .....

Hope you have deep pockets, you going to need it to out run the FWD cars on asphalt. :ph34r:

nah we can out run with what we have under the hood ..just some tweeks here and there and some better tires and they will see us ..... randy is correct ..all the power in the world wont help if you cant get it to the ground ...a few years back we stuck a 100 horsepower motor in a 2700 pound plus pinto just for fun ....so bent up this car should have found the grave sooner than it did ..and jessie lead all fast high power and fwd.s for 24 of 25 lap race ..the water pump belt came off and that cost him the feature win ..got to hot and lost power ..what little it had ..lol ..ofcourse he started near the front ..can you say flat footed ..... only thing is this year we wont be racen local enough to find out if we can catch them ..got other plans ...

The simple fact is the team that will have the most success is the one that knows their car.It must be reliable and have a driver that can keep it out of trouble,watch the guages and keep his or her cool under pressure.A good driver can tell a 5 psi tire change because the car is so consistent.You will never win races spending all your time under the hood.

I have raced all levels of minnies plus 10 years of modifieds including 5 Nationals at RGS and several open comp 4 cyl races.The most asked question was what is the secret to being fast.There is no one thing.I was amazed at watching the best racers in the South run a couple of laps at a new track,make a couple of adjustments and then go super fast.The secret to dirt is to guess the track for feature time,the secret to fast on asphalt is to have a super sensitivity to get that last 5% of speed and keep the tires from overheating.Anotherwords,the key to success is seat time no matter what you drive.No amount of rules can even out ability.Period.

Oldtimer, I think ya'll could swap tires and the results would be the same. No offense, but one street tire for the other isn't going to make a difference. Performace wise, street tires don't differ much. Some wight wear better and last longer than other because of tread patterns, set up, and such.

Oldtimer, I think ya'll could swap tires and the results would be the same. No offense, but one street tire for the other isn't going to make a difference. Performace wise, street tires don't differ much. Some wight wear better and last longer than other because of tread patterns, set up, and such.

no offense taken ... ..this car is faster than she drove it saterday night . which what she did is what we wanted and needed her to do ... ......maybe the tires you had ran would not make much differents ..the falcon dot tire was faster than this sumo .. just cant get them anymore ...funny part is the sumo.s are faster than the firestone of equal typ tread .....yoko s run different than the others ...granted the set ups .driver style and certain typ of cars . wieght difference ..wheel base ..fwd rwd .have alot to do with this ..will and gb run different tire from what most thunders run ...why cuz they stick better .... may get some ..lol sumos have more tread than yoko's verses firestone verses other brands ..they dont carry the heat aswell across the tire ..to much tread . now the sumos get alot better when they finaly wear down ..why .. more heat build up ..and sustained ...... the falcons dot were better than most of the other brands that are in the thunders now ..the more laps the faster they got why .heating up ..but the down fall was dirt on the track just killed them ..now if dot tires were all the same . then why cant we run dot hoosiers .dot american racers .and such .....this class has no compound rating that i know of ..someone tell me if im wrong ..but certain name tires wont be legal //..greg take no offense ......

they had that fast head aswell .

Here we go again... Suck it up, they just had faster cars!!! LOL

Tim

tim kiss the bottom of my foot ..lolololoololool ..its was all related .....

You are right, I should say DOT tires that you can buy locally. If you want to get on the internet and shop around, you can find those so called cheater DOT's, and I am sure there will be some performance difference there.

i can buy cheater tires right here in corpus .... we both know what points each other mean :D ..get that car out i missed it the first night ..

OT, I will kiss your feet, heck, both of them for that matter... when you admit that Randy and Leroy did a little bit more homework than the rest of the field. :D

That "fast head" may have been the reason why they were so fast, but it wasn't the one under the hood, it was the one that sits on thier shoulders.

Did I mention that Randy ran drum brakes in the rear-end of his pinto chassis? :ph34r:

Tim

well son come on down and wet those lip.s . do you want me to clean them or the way they come out of my shoes ....they did thier homework and did a fine job with set up and yes little old randy is hot behind the wheel ill give them that ...but power under the hood really let them pull away when needed ...sas is the best exsample ..noone could touch that motor ..or am i wrong and they wasted money on that head ....PS .. no air mail kisses ..has to be in person ..and randy cant stand in for you ....SORRY RANDY ...

OT, I will kiss your feet, heck, both of them for that matter... when you admit that Randy and Leroy did a little bit more homework than the rest of the field. :D

That "fast head" may have been the reason why they were so fast, but it wasn't the one under the hood, it was the one that sits on thier shoulders.

Did I mention that Randy ran drum brakes in the rear-end of his pinto chassis? :ph34r:

Tim

Tim theres no winning with OLDTIMER your just wasting your time and killing your finger tips for nothin. He will just come with anther EXCUSE to why his car got lapped or got beat.So just to do you a favor just say his car wasnt handling right or yeah your tires were better or the driver was doing what they had to do.LOL ;)

Archived