Pro Trucks

I agree, you should be atleast old enough to drive a car. I also think there could be special circumstances based on a kid who has alot of racing experience and then leave it upto the class and the track. I think under 16 is a deal that the whole class should have a vote in

I agree with Gunnar, you should atleast have a valid TX drivers license to compete in local stockcar racing. Go karts and bandoleros probably not, but definately in a full size car. JMFO

I'm curious why? In Texas you can get a hardship license at 15 or is it 14 1/2. Your only suppose to drive to and from school, but don't think they watchdog that even.

(on edit): I do agree there needs to be maturity in the driver, but there are guys Ive watched drive that you would swear arent 16 and they were much older...

Edited by KISS_Racing

Pont well taken Mark. I was refering to life's lesson's, driving on the the street...ect.

Ditto, I dont believe the issue would be age, but experiance. Once you have had the street experiance, you get an Idea of responsibility for your own car. Without that it seems hard to get younger drivers to understand that this is not a a game. You cant just drive over someone and hit the reset button. You have to take responsibility for your car and driving. At 15 or 50, if you do somone wrong you can expect them to let you know about it one way or another. But when Mom or Dad step in and defend young Johnny, it tends to get on the other competitors nerve. "Oh he's just a kid". Than dont get in the car. Or take responsibility for it.

NOTE: I am not pointing fingers at anyone!!! Just my opinion.

Although he's no longer a "kid", as a teen Trey Mitchell proved himself many times over to be a considerate, polite young man who could really handle a race car.

Most of us would have a hard time moving up from a Legacy to an asphalt modified, but he did and even won a few times as I recall.

Nick Holt