IF you have to add lead to your kart...

If you have to add lead to your kart to meet the minumum weight rule here are a couple things:

1: Grade 8 hardware

2: Use large washers

3: PAINT IT WHITE

All most 100% of racing organizations require lead to be painted white so it can be spotted should it come off of the chassis!! Please pass this info around to EVERYONE! This needs to happen. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell others.

Love

me :ph34r:

:) cant agree with you on that Nick...if you throw it at someone and its got your # on it, well then there is no need for csi....But i guess you could say someone took it off your trailer, Dont know who...have a great one, frank t

Frank, you'd disagree with me if I said it was raining in the middle of a downpour. LOL... Most people aren't going to throw hunks of lead at someone anyway - they'd use fire extinguishers instead.

But if some lead falls off a car, having the car number on it helps identify the culprit if there are "ballast must be secure" rules in effect at that track or series.

Nick

But Nick, most tracks dont check it that hard... and if it falls off and does have a # on it,it will probably get you a big ol D.Q.... so take the chance!... and on a serious note,i really do believe they should be painted and numbered... Now about that rain, it was not raining as you stated that day.. that was a guy on the floor above us peeing on you, i tried to tell you, but you just would not listen... frank t

AND THE SHARKS WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOU MUCH EASIER AS WELL...CAN SEE THE SHARK MESSAGE BOARD NOW......

"HEY THAT GEEKY DIVER MARKED HIMSELF UP SO WELL...THAT THIS OL' FISH CAN STILL HUNT!"

"JAWS"

.....BETTER HAVE THEIR FAVORITE NUMBER ON YOUR WEIGHTS THEN!! LOL OR MAYBE NOT!! ROFLMAO

Shark went swimming today...but his fish bait didnt show up for practice!! :)

I'm such a slacker! I'll be lucky to make the first race. I'm swamped at work and my side-biz is needing attention. The good news is....I'll be able to afford another year of NASKARTS!

• 2 months later...

Maybe they should require the car number be on the fire extinguisher. :oB)

I was there that night. It was a track fire extinquisher - no number needed.. LOL

Nick

Yep,that was at Highway 16, San Antonio, I was there also,he got the fire extinguisher from behind the barrier at the exite gate. Yepper there was no numder on it ,but hundreds of fans saw what happened.The guy was lucky,cause it could have hurt that other driver had his rollcage not caught the blow. Later.. Beaner......................

Maybe they should require the car number be on the fire extinguisher. :oB)

Hey ,do the bolts an retainers that hold the weight,have to be painted white an numbered? Later Beaner....

Archived