Prayers needed---Charlotte Newton

WHAZZUP

Charlotte has not passed away. She is in a hospis( SP) center in San Antonio according to her husband Ralph she is not expected to live through the night. Charlotte did a lot of good, for the San Antonio racing community, through the F.A.S.C.A.R. orgination. Charlotte always looked to the children at the track as future racers and raised money for the drivers through 50/ 50 ticket sales, Raffles, and any other way she could as long as she was able. Guy's your prayers are needed she did alot for us.....

Jim Creech

Charlotte was the nices lady at the track she was always smiling,and i remember one time we took the car to a fascar event on Bandera rd. she ask if we would do some burn outs for the people there and we did and i think she liked it as much as i did and the people who came out that day did.our prayers go out to her entire family.Dwayne Markgraf.

I got a call from Paul Lozano around 7:30P - from the hospital. He said Charlotte had just passed away. I'm not sure why we're hearing conflicting stories, but the racing community has lost one of its most dedicated race fans. As Jim said, she did a whole lot for the SAS racers.

It's somewhat ironic that she passed away so close to the Daytona 500. She put together the Daytona Watch Parties in San Antonio for many years.

I offer my sincerest condolences to Ralph and the rest of the family. I'll let y'all know when I hear more about the arrangements, etc.

this is very sad to hear, when I raced @ SAS Charlotte came over after each and every race night to thank us for coming out to race and wish us a safe trip home. She was always one of the things I thought of when it came to racing there.

My thoughts and prayers are with Ralph and family.

She is looking over Kevin for us now. I remember the first time her and Kevin where talking at a Fascar meeting they had a lot of fun talking. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her husband Ralph and family.

God Bless,

Richard & Dorothy Suberg

A sympathy note to Ralph Newton.

Your departed wife was a good woman and a wonderful person who volunteered her talents to help automobile racing.

I am proud to have known her.

RIP - Charlotte Newton.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Good bye Charlotte.I had already been missing you and Ralph on our trips to the races.I will always hold many good memories though.The freezing October night in Corpus,the blisters we got from the 105 degree sun at TWS,and the five trips to the....well you remember...as we sat for 6 hours trying to leave TMS.I guess you'll be able to have a "tail wagging"good time at all of the races free of charge now.

Sorry Ralph....your friend always...Stan.

Rest in peace Charlotte,

May God bless you and keep you.

Our prayers for Ralph and family.

May God keep you in his bosom during this time of sorrow.

Charlotte was a true friend to the racers and fans.

I miss her.

Mark

VERY VERY SAD NEWS TO THE RACING FAMILY, THIS IS TRULY A SAD LOSS. WAS WAS A GREAT WOMAN, AND A STRONG FIGHTER. ALONG WITH MISS BALZER THESE WOMEN DID SOO MUCH FOR RACING, ALOT MORE THAN PEOPLE WILL EVER KNOW. MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY, THIS LOSS WILL BE FELT ALL AROUND.

I began digging through my old pictures, and I found this picture of Charlotte taken in March 2004.

She wanted to ride in the Richard Petty replica car that was putting on a display at SAS. When Tom fired up that Dodge Hemi, Charlotte was grinning from ear-to-ear. And she had a blast riding around the track for a few laps.

Yes, we will miss you, Charlotte - lots of great memories.

post-29-1203433372_thumb.jpg

Ralph Newton wishes to inform all that a memorial service will be held for Charlotte on Friday, the 22nd of FEB at Oak Hills Funeral Home at 11 AM. Oak Hills is located at 8332 Fredricksburg Rd. Let's all come and celebrate the life of this wonderful lady who has touched so many in our racing community and never, to my knowledge, ever met anyone she didn't like. See you there!! Bob & Lucille Hager

I just spoke with Ralph for quite a while, and I mentioned that many of you had written condolence notes on TSZ. He hasn't had time to read them yet, but he hopes to pay TSZ a visit soon.

In the meantime, he asked me to thank everyone for their phones calls, messages, etc. He knows that Charlotte had lots of racing friends. He said that she never let anyone talk bad about "her drivers." Ralph also mentioned that he often lost Charlotte in the pits after the races because she had to stop by every race car to thank each driver for racing at SAS and wish each one a safe trip home.

We also talked about the picture that I had posted on TSZ. Ralph reminded me of Charlotte's comment after the car came back into the pits. She said, very loudly so everyone could hear, "Hell, that was better than sex!" What can I say? That was the Charlotte all of us knew!

At her request, Charlotte is being cremated. Ralph plans to spread her ashes over two places that were very special to her - Daisy State Park in Arkansas and in Alaska - said she always wanted to go back to both places.

that is the one thing that was always great about sas was charlotte coming by the pits after the race to say thanks for coming out. no matter what happened on the track that night, it was all good when we left cause charlotte came by to talk and say thanks. she was a real asset to the track, really made the people feel welcome. debbie and charlotte are a lot alike in that sense. debbie would also come by the pits and chat for a while before the races started. so it was debbie before and charlotte after. you always felt welcome at the track, no matter how the car was running or how the officials pissed you off.

Archived