TSRS Banquet was well-attended

NickHolt

The TSRS 2003 Awards/Regonition Banquet, held at the Texas Events Center in Kyle on Saturday night, November 22, 2003, was well attended. I didn't take an actual head count, but there must have been more than 200 people present.

2003 TSRS Champion Ronnie New took home a nice looking $3,000 check and an assortment of jackets and gift certificates after a nice Mexican buffet dinner and a heartfelt homemade video featuring pictures of many of the TSRS competitors and officials. Ronnie brought his Mom and Dad (the legendary Bobby Joe New) -- nice touch Ronnie -- and his team up on stage to share the well-deserved recognition before thanking TSRS Founder and Race Director Mary Ann Naumann and his numerous sponsors for his very successful season.

Tommy Gural, Jeff Pollard, Mike Yale and Brad Hudak who finished 2nd through 5th in the final standings, also received their share of the $10,000 TSRS point fund on stage and each had sincere words of thanks and praise for their teams, their sponsors, their families and the Naumanns.

Unfortunately I had to leave at that point, so I really don't know what happened after that. Maybe someone who stayed to the end can fill us in on any happenings after I left.

Nick Holt

Special thanks to Mary Ann and her crew. We had a great time. I really didn't recognize some of you with out your racing attire. Leland.......That liquid hell you were pouring was awesome. I've never seen colors like that except for the time I "accidently" licked a few 04 fan stickers. Will I quit seeing double in a couple of days? LOL. Hope everybody made it home safely.

Archived