Pics of work in progress at RRS

From an email from Mike Cooper:

+++++++++++

The drivers will notice that we are in the process of building new pits , Red River Speedway will have pits right at 200,000 square feet. The infield is getting a face lift and will allow proper drainage. The fans will notice a new 8' tall fence around the front of the Speedway opening to great new midway area to be opened in early 2008. The fans waiting under the stands for concession will no longer have to play dodge the cokes. The crews are installing a cover under the stands with lights to keep the area nice and clean. I will update as the progress continues.

post-3-1203180808_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203180821_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203180832_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203180843_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203180853_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203180868_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203180884_thumb.jpg

Mike,

What you guys are doing for the sport is remarkable.

Most of the racing world had written Red River off as a lost cause. It's takes people like your new owner and honest, thoughtful people working with him and other track owners to get this sport back on track (pun intended) in Texas. It does my heart good to see this progress..

Nick

Thanks everyone , I will tell you the new owners are great and I am enjoying working with them. We all have the same outlook on what we think racing should be like. I agree Nick its great that all the tracks have pulled together and We greatly appreciate all the input and support.

Jay,

The back gate will be taken out and a new one is being installed. The cars will stage on the south side of the gate and we will exit like we always had. The gate will be used to go in and out. It will swing one way to let cars off and the other way to let cars on.

No the surface is in great shape and we would mess up the racing for a few years. The surface will allow great side by side racing and you can sometimes make it three wide. I know one driver that has made it 4 wide but we will not say any names :blink: I think your paint is still on the quarter panel of my old car David :o

Thanks

Mike Cooper

I will have the ASA application at the Howard Johnson on March 1st. I will say that was a fun race and I had to repaint my quarter panel , rear bumper , door skin , and front fender :o I think I would have taken the nerf bar :D We will see you soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jumbo,

RRS invited us to race the bomber (enduro) car at the opening night race next Saturday. I'm also going to give Neil some go fer help with the TPS race as he needed an extra hand. Vince and I are leaving from my shop Saturday afternoon and you are welcome to hop in the truck if you want to go up and see what's happening with all the construction.

Jay

I apologize for pictures not up to date , We have been working in circles and thought it had been posted. We just got home from the track tonight and I will post the pictures Wednesday ? We will have some major work finished by then.

Thanks

Mike

I apologize once again for not having the pictures , We just got in been at the track all day and we are installing internet on Thursday. I can tell you that we now have new asphalt roads for the fans , ticket booth and pit building , We have billboards and track signage going up in the morning. The sound system is complete and installed on the fans side. ( We are trying to get the pits finished ) scoring system is on and operational. The backgate will be completed on Thursday the pits will be used this weekend but are not 100% finished they are a hard surface and we will have portable lights for the pit area with hot plugs first come first serve. The underneath of the grandstands are almost finished we received two semi loads of rock today and finishing up , The party deck is about complete and the viewing area is about complete. We are very excited about March 29th and look forward to having everyone up. We will be working around the clock until Saturday to complete most task we will have some areas that will still be under construction due to the last few weeks of weather. I want to thank all that have helped this week and we look forward to Saturday night.

Mike Cooper

Archived