Expanding our circuit to other tracks

Red River Speedway has inquired about our series running at their track in Wichita Falls. Furthermore, I have posted a thread in the Corpus Christi Speedway forum about the potential of running there. SO:

How interested is everyone in running a couple races at tracks outside of our "local" arena?

How far is too far?

I know we don't have everyone on this forum, so if you see someone in the group that isn't here..ask and report back. I think expansion will provide us with more potential racing interest and more potentail racers within our group.

I am all for it as i enjoy racing different venues....makes a better driver out of you.... the only concerns i have are will we be given some practice time during day to get best setup for race at night. Would there schedules be similar to THR? daytime practice and nighttime racing. Will there be a purse as well at this race? and can we get all drivers/karts there? And after watching the kart video on CCS's website....i am in!!! Would be interesting to mix it up with other karts that might be our speed!!

im sure they will give yah the track to set up on .would not want anyone hurt .... id say and we will find out .later with tps ..if you set up for red river .you should not have much of a problem .with cc .. both high bank ..cc is just alittle longer on the apac.s over red with maybe some tighter turns ..at cc .but you guys will be really fast ..... a few years back a small version sprint with a motor cycle motor was turning 12.s

Thanks for the link, Mike.

At Thunder Hill, our avg speed is 76.4 mph. If we could avg that speed, we would turn a 11.8 sec lap time on a 1/4 mile track. Corpus doesn't look like it's banked as much as Thunder Hill. I'm guessing, we would have a slower avg speed there.

I'm thinking we would have to lift in the turns. That would make for a fun race!

CCS is more of an oval as THR is more of a D shape. The banking is awesome and you can really throw it in the corners. If you look at the arial photos of each track you will see what I am talking about. The most fun thing about CCS is it is a fast track in respect that the corners come very quick and you constantly have to race all around the track. I have never actually raced karts @ CCS, but I have blistered both CCS & THR in dwarfs and if you like running at one track you will equally love the other.

Thanks for the info! I know we are all looking forward to racing at CCR and RRS. Thunderhill has been fun to run over the last couple of years, but we stay flat out the entire time. I know some of us are hoping we actually have to lift at these 1/4 mile tracks. That will keep the racing closer and more exciting for us.

• 3 months later...

Bingo! That needs to be someone's next move. I've heard awsome things about that place. Several officials and managers of that track are here on this board. I didn't want to go after it for this year, if fear of the "too much change, too quick" critisizim. I would seriously look into racing there though.

Archived