Tourist crashes, dies at DIS

REBELRACER

from jayski.com

Tourist crashes, dies at DIS: A 60-year-old man crashed and died while driving at the Daytona Beach International Speedway as part of the Richard Petty Driving Experience, authorities and family members said today. Robert Boswell was taking part in the Richard Petty Driving Experience, a program where fans pay to get behind the wheel of a NASCAR car, said his son Greg Boswell. The crash occurred about 5 p.m. Sunday, police said. Bowden was taken to Halifax Health Medical Center where he was declared dead at 7pm/et. "He was driving at the time he died," Greg Boswell said. Police released Boswell's name, but they are not commenting on the investigation because it is still active, said Daytona Beach police spokesman Jimmie Flynt

i always wondered how authenic the experience is. i guess they do let you get after it in those deals. thats pretty sad for his family.

I did the Team Texas deal at TMS a couple years back. The cars are governed to about 150-160 and you have an instructor in the car with you at all times, unless you are in the advanced class. You have to work up to that class and not just jump right in that without experience.

They make sure you sign a waiver stating that you are phsyically and mentally(I laughed at that part) sound enough to take the course.

Sad deal.....glad no one did that during my school.

Sad thing to happen to anyone. Just as long as they release the facts to the public, so they don't try to put a black eye on the racing school. As we all know, racing has it's dangers. And you do have to sign release forms. Prayers to the family. Lenny66

Archived