No TSRS @ CC Speedway

Toy box racing

The sound of a pot being stirred fills the air as I type - in spite of your disclaimer.

While driver votes are important input to the folks who make decisions for the tracks, there are other things for the tracks to consider as well. Many of those things are business-type decisions that are not routinely shared with the rest of us.

When, and if, it seems appropriate for the management of CCS and THR to make a public announcement, I am sure we will get it first here on Texas Speed Zone.

Nick

sounds like he's thinking of sending you to time out Ron.....

Nope. I'm not thinking of doing that at all.

But having been on the racer's side of the pit wall for most of my adult life and on the admin side for the past 12-13 years, I see both sides and understand that there's a lot going on behind the scenes that can't be made public.

On the other hand, a forum that is read by the majority of the Texas racing community can be a great tool for a racer, or racers, trying to use the "power of the press" to put pressure on the decision makers by asking "innocent" loaded questions, etc. I think this is a very acceptable use for the forums, but I question whether this is the right time in history to be using TXSZ in this way.

I'm not sure everyone understands just how near we are to extinction. It's not time to be pushing for our own wishes. It's time to be doing everything possible to support our tracks and their managers.

But, no. I am not going to change the moderating standards that have been employed on here for the past five years, but I may, from time to time, question the wisdom of certain posts over the next few months.

Nick

Well I guess I started out with the wrong statement for this topic. I was just curious about the decision not to race @ CC in 08. I don't have anything negitive to say about the tracks, series, or management but, I have been working hard on a sponsorship here in Texas, their corporate office is in Corpus and when I tell them we are not racing at cc speedway now, I will probably lose the deal. We all know how much money it cost to run a late model, I have spent alot of time trying to obtain this potential sponsor so I think I have the right to ask!

Well I guess I started out with the wrong statement for this topic. I was just curious about the decision not to race @ CC in 08. I don't have anything negitive to say about the tracks, series, or management but, I have been working hard on a sponsorship here in Texas, their corporate office is in Corpus and when I tell them we are not racing at cc speedway now, I will probably lose the deal. We all know how much money it cost to run a late model, I have spent alot of time trying to obtain this potential sponsor so I think I have the right to ask!

I completely understand where you are coming from and you certainly have every right in the world to ask, but why not call the track and ask instead of "stirring the pot" on here?

Nick

Archived