Texas Pro Sedans purse

Texas Pro Sedans purse forecast at RRS

All members of the 33 year old Texas Pro Sedans series organization were recently notified about the purse forecast for the TPS race at Red River Speedway on March 29 by Neil Upchurch, the Race & Administrative Director of the Texas Pro Sedans series.

TENTATIVE PAYOUT IF 20 TPS CARS START FEATURE:

1 -- 600

2 -- 400

3 -- 300

4 -- 275

5 -- 250

6 -- 220

7 -- 200

8 -- 175

9 -- 150

10 - 140

11 - 130

12 - 120

13 - 110

14 - 110

15 - 110

16 - 110

17 - 100

18 - 100

19 - 100

20 - 100

$ 3,800

Purse Notes: The purse may increase if additional sponsor money becomes available.

Non-Qualifiers will be paid if funds are available.

Results e-mailed & FAXed to all. Winner’s checks US Mailed by Wednesday.

Membership Requirement: All drivers required to hold valid 2008 Texas Pro Sedans

membership to drive on track. One race TPS memberships are available for $20.

Car number priority goes to TPS full season $60 members.

Entry Notes: Entry Fee - $ 75 - per car if paid two weeks in advance by mail/check and

completed entry form. (Entry fee is refunded until car passes thru RRS the Pit Gate)

$ 100 - per car if paid late at track in pits.

To file an entry: Neatly complete entry form and mail to the TPS Office.

Entry Forms and the Race Bulletin: Will be sent to all persons on the TPS mailing list

on or about February 15. Drivers wishing to be placed on the TPS mailing list should

contact the TPS Office at the address listed below.

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

3222 Leyte Drive

San Antonio, TX 78217-4018

210/655-3222 office

210/365-3221 cell

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

.. I LOOKED ON GOOGLE MAP .TO TRY AND FIND THE TRACK ..I FOUND WHAT LOOKED LIKE A TRACK BUT THE MAP WOULD NOT GET CLOSE ENOUGH .. WHAT I FOUND ..WAS OUT ON 369 AT KOVARIK...RD JUST NORTH . LOOKED LIKE IT HAD STANDS .SOME BUILDINGS AROUND TURN 3 TO TURN 4 .. IS THAT CORRECT ..

that is not the race track it is red river rodeo grounds . race track is about 5 miles north of the rodeo grounds . your close though ! my # is 940 -636 - 3542 . ill help you with directions . ill be running with you guys on march 29 . i am car # 4 , toyota celica .

Oldtimer (aka Mike McCain): Before any more TPS members are mis-guided in their road directions to Red River Speedway, the following is submitted:

Red River Speedway. 3 ½ miles west of Wichita Falls on Highway 287, turn north on FM 369, proceed 1 mile to RRS on the right. The address is 1633 FM 369 North, Wichita Falls, Texas 76308.

More information will be sent out on or about February 15 by the customary TPS Race Bulletin and Entry Form. The TPS Race Bulletin will include various event information.

I am waiting on several input items from the RRS Track Manager in order to complete and mail the TPS Race Bulletin.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Oldtimer (aka Mike McCain): Before any more TPS members are mis-guided in their road directions to Red River Speedway, the following is submitted:

Red River Speedway. 3 ½ miles west of Wichita Falls on Highway 287, turn north on FM 369, proceed 1 mile to RRS on the right. The address is 1633 FM 369 North, Wichita Falls, Texas 76308.

More information will be sent out on or about February 15 by the customary TPS Race Bulletin and Entry Form. The TPS Race Bulletin will include various event information.

I am waiting on several input items from the RRS Track Manager in order to complete and mail the TPS Race Bulletin.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

really wasnt misguided ..just got to playing with the map and zeroed in on what looked like the track ..so i wanted to know if i found it ..wanted to see the layout ..hey give me a grade for getting close .lol.... dcwright looking forward to racen against you guys way up north ..its going to be fun .... dont spank us to bad ... . we want the fans up there to injoy what tps has to offer ..

Pete Wright ran in a number of TPS races back in the late 70's and early 80's when he lived in San Antonio. He was consistent and fast.

He then moved to the Ft. Worth area and ran dirt along with his son for many years.

I heard he knows about the TPS race at RRS on March 29 and is interested in putting some kind of a VW Rabbit Pick Up together.

If this rumor is true, he should get in touch with me soon to make sure what he builds will pass TPS tech.

I would offer the same advise to any other North Texas area four cylinder drivers who would like to be in this race.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

no relation to pete wright , that i know of ? i cant wait to run with you guys ! im shooting to just make the feature race , i hope ! i hope i have enough motor !!!!!!!! i heard you pro sedan boys are really fast ! should be a challenge for me !

just get your car to handle .so you can run flat footed .and motor wont matter ..maybe i missed it ..what typ of car you.ll be racen ..the challenge part ..i dont think any prosedan drivers at this point have raced red river ..

Here is an aerial shot of Red River Speedway.

Sorry, this was the best resolution I could find.

When you travel up there, FM 369 that the track is located on has also been called "Pleasant Valley Road" in the past, so the signs may indicate that.

In the pic, FM 369 is the road running North/South to the West of the Speedway, and the crossroad just south of the track is Keil Road.

The pit area, last time I was there, was down the backstretch, and onto the dragstrip.

post-3-1202013349_thumb.jpg

Mabrito and I are planning to drive up that Sat. morning. I haven't heard from Pipsqueek yet. If he wants to go I have a FWD ready for him to try, he can leave the 78bug here. Have not heard a word from TPS22 Ozzie in months. His car is right where he left it after the last race. I am working on getting the 38 car ready so Dave can go. Lots going on at our shop, raceday will be here before you know it.

The pit entrance will now be on Keil Lane located next to the speedway. The pits will start behind turn two and will be located in out new pit area. The exit is FM 369. When you make the exit turn to the right ( North )

1 mile North on FM 369. We look forward to having everyone up it looks like we have a few local cars that are trying to make the show also.

Thanks

Mike

Texas Pro Sedans REMINDERS .....

Membership Requirement: All drivers required to hold valid 2008 Texas Pro Sedans membership to drive on track. One race TPS memberships are available for $20. Car number priority goes to TPS full season $60 members.

Entry Notes: Entry Fee - $ 75 - per car if paid two weeks in advance by mail/check and completed entry form. (Entry fee is refunded until car passes thru RRS the Pit Gate)

$ 100 - per car if paid late at track in pits. Note: The late fee was recently increased from $85 to $95.

To file an entry: Neatly complete entry form and mail to the TPS Office.

Entry Forms and the Race Bulletin: Will be sent to all persons on the TPS mailing list on or about February 15. Drivers wishing to be placed on the TPS mailing list should contact the TPS Office at the address listed below.

Please direct all questions to:

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

3222 Leyte Drive

San Antonio, TX 78217-4018

210/655-3222 office

Archived