ONE OF OUR PHOTOS OF ARCHIE LACY

archielacy81

In the background, the man on the right appears to be Tony Foyt. Billy Wade is in the middle. Not sure about the one on the left.

4PROP to the rescue! (Archie senior's grand-son.) "Thx, 57."

Silvia,

First, let me extend a welcome to the USA and a welcome back to your husband. Thanks for sharing this photo with the forum. It was taken in front of the Playland Speedway ticket booth. Hey 57Tbird, does the concession stand at the right of the picture look familiar?

I'll get with you off line, but to clear one thing up, Archie senior pictured here was your husband's great grand-dad. He passed away in 1981 from age related illness. His envolvement with local stock racing came to an end shortly after Bill Wade left for NASCAR. I'll provide more information about your husband's grand-dad off line.

I'll be in touch soon.

In the background, the man on the right appears to be Tony Foyt. Billy Wade is in the middle. Not sure about the one on the left.

4PROP to the rescue! (Archie senior's grand-son.) "Thx, 57."

Silvia,

First, let me extend a welcome to the USA and a welcome back to your husband. Thanks for sharing this photo with the forum. It was taken in front of the Playland Speedway ticket booth. Hey 57Tbird, does the concession stand at the right of the picture look familiar?

I'll get with you off line, but to clear one thing up, Archie senior pictured here was your husband's great grand-dad. He passed away in 1981 from age related illness. His envolvement with local stock racing came to an end shortly after Bill Wade left for NASCAR. I'll provide more information about your husband's grand-dad off line.

I'll be in touch soon.

You're welcome! Glad you got connected.

I don't remember any tree near the concession stand like that right behind the car. Also, what would that lighted building be in the background just over Archie's head? You got me, 4PROP. After all, it's only been about 50 years.

I'll be in touch soon.

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your fast response!!!I am so glad that you are not mad with me bothering all those good people here with helping me at my search.We are looking forward to hear from you.The cell phone number I've sent you via E-Mail is Archie's number.You can talk directly to him although I suppose he will be speechless for a minute.He is so excited right now,that's so cute.He works until 5.30 pm and usually comes home at 6.15 pm.Hope,to hear from you,soon.Thanks again and take care.By the way,how are you related to my husband?Are you his uncle or father???We only knew about an aunt.Unfortunately Archie's Mom did not tell him much all those years,but now that we've found somebody we will see :-)

I don't remember any tree near the concession stand like that right behind the car. Also, what would that lighted building be in the background just over Archie's head? You got me, 4PROP. After all, it's only been about 50 years.

Hey, it's been 50 years for me too! I'll take a closer look at a photo I have from the same occasion. There was one night Archie displayed the "Little Indy" car at the entry to Playland track. I thought this was a photo from that night, but I may be wrong. I'll dig a little deeper, adjust my quadrofocals and take another look. Thx

• 4 weeks later...

For what its worth 57, here's another angle on the ticket booth. I think it is indeed Playland. This photo is of Archie and the little league team he was sponsoring, the Braves. Again, the Archie Special is on the trailer behind them.

In the first photo, I think you can see the Playland "rollie coaster" in the background making its turn around behind the announcer's stand. I might just be seeing figments of my imagination. What do you think?

This whole matter may seem so trivial, but isn't this the kinda great nit-picky stuff we enjoy on this forum!

post-3523-1203142584_thumb.jpg

Archived