Texas Motor Speedway Dirt track event cancelled.

TRACK ANNOUNCER

IMCA Lone Star Nationals 2008 cancelled.

After several talks with all interested parties of local tracks, IMCA sanctioning group and Texas Motor Speedway. It has been decided that the IMCA Lone Star Nationals will not be held in the fall of 2008. Texas Motor Speedway has very recently discussed the issues at hand that effect the fall race date at it’s dirt track facilities. There is much to resolve for TMS with this cancellation of the Lone Star Nationals. Texas Motor Speedway will reveal it’s next step at a later time with a official announcement.

Full story is available at www.track-announcer.com

EXTREMELY disappointing...I attended all three days last fall. I have been to hundreds of dirt track races, at various venues across the country...and none of them can compare to the TMS dirt track. I'll never forget the Modified Championship last year...one of the best races I've ever witnessed.

...just a fan.

Got I-Stock?

You're so right storm......you can't beat three wide, lap after lap, for the lead. It's a shame a few area promoters can't understand how big of as ASSET a race like that was to getting national exposure for local dirt track racing. I personally only went to one the tracks big year ends show that is complaining about TMS, and yes maybe they had a 5% decrease in car count.....but with rising fuel costs, travel expenses I think that percentage would be normal anyway. But then what the hell do I know.........

Archived