joey chittwood thrill show

Boerneracehounds50

I saw the Chittwood stunt show at Pocano in the late 70's. The thing that I remember most about it was he drove all the way around that track on two wheels in an MG convertible. Now days I think Chittwoods son has something it do with the Indianapolis motor speedway.

I remember seeing the Chitwood show at Speed-O-Rama back in the day, but I don't remember when it was. Could have been as early as the '70s...

Added on edit:

I was also at TWS one afternoon when some 16-year-old kid drove an MG Midget all the way around the two-mile oval on two wheels. Even more fun was a stuntman in France (his name escapes me - getting old) who could get a car up on two wheels any time he wanted to and would sometimes do it on the highway...

More edit: Found him on the Internet. Remy Julienne. The guy's nuts, but very good.

Here is a pic of the Chitwood show in early June, 1977. And the story that went with it.

They are from the Finish Line newspaper that was published back then about local racing.

post-21-1200621980_thumb.jpg

post-21-1200621993_thumb.jpg

I saw The Joie Chitwood Thrill Show at Sportsdrome Speedway in like `77 and then again at Texas Motor Speedway in about 2000 before the IRL race.

Yep, I was there at Sportsdrome for that one too! ...and saw them at Devils Bowl, been so long I don't remember the date! :blink:

I saw them at Capital Speedway in Holts Summit Mo. in 1968 I remember him driving a current year model mustang around the track on 2 wheels, 1/4 mile dirt. Not to mention all the other stunts and crashes they did.

It was a cool show a good memory.

Yeah - that was their trademark. I saw them a few times at Flemington Speedway (5/8 mile) and Nazareth, PA (1/2 mile) - and making a lap on two wheels.....amazing stuff....

sort of like Damion Gardner at the Chili Bowl...

They were regulars at the "Astrodome Thrill Show and Destruction Derbys" in the sixties, Spanky Spangler and that bunch were probably still in diapers.

For years I used to warn my workers and even poted a sign in my shop " When driving company vehicles do not ,...........AND NO JOEY CHITWOOD TYPE STUNTS!

Archived