SAS Information

zoom

Does anyone know the date and time for the SAS banguet? Are they having one?

Does anyone know when the rule changes will come out? Are they last minute deals?

I would like to have the rules now so I can have time to put them in place. I have my car building on hold because I just don't know what I will be able/allowed to do for next year.

When does the schedule typically come out? For my work, I will soon have to put in my vacation plans for next year, and I can't wait till February or March for the schedule.

Does anyone know when the SAS website will be updated?

Does anyone know?

Inquiring Minds want to know! :D

Mark,

Last I heard the banquet was set for January 24th, I'm sure someone on the forum can confirm that for us.

Last I heard, we should see some rules within a couple of

weeks with no drastic changes from what was being done before in the Sportsman class, the other classes, I'm

not sure.

Should be an exciting 2004 at SAS ..look forward to seeing ya soon.

I think its the 24th for the SAS banquet.

I heard rules were staying the same with the exception that we might be allowed rear spoilers and rear manufactured rear bumpers (like the nose piece except for the rear bumper) This is not definate, just what I heard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to keep dredging up old subjects, but, here it is the end of November, and still no posted official rules.

I would have thought that after 2 months from the end of the season that the rules would be finalized and posted for all of us who have to use careful planning on the use of dollars to build a car. It takes time to collect all those aluminum cans you know.

I know Mike had almost completed all of the SAS rules last week. However, his dad was hospitalized and was placed in intensive care. Mike was heading out of state to be with him. I haven't heard anything more, but I will post any updates on TSZ.

Kevin,

I have Word documents of all of the bios that were written for the SAS programs this year. Many more need to be done, but it's a start. These are the ones I have: Billy Becka, Charlie Earnhardt, Danny Garcia, Donny Horelka, Jason Smith, Jeff Moore, Jesse Salazar, Larry Bendele, Marcus Bellino, Mark Rahn, Rodney Rodriguez, Ronnie Smith, Scott Jerkins, Tater Mason & Tommy Casey. I also have JPEG pictures for most of them. Marc would have the ones I'm missing. Let me know if you want to tackle this project . . . gotta love me, don't ya? Hey, it was Mark's idea! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Late Model Stock Car races are open to eligible 2000 through 2006 models of American?made passenger car production sedans.

Cars that are allowed to compete in this class are:

A. San Antonio Speedway – Late Models

1. All cars must meet the current rules as written.

B. Thunder Hill Raceway / Texas Super Racing Series - Late Models.

1. All cars must meet San Antonio Speedway minimum Safety Rules.

2. Competitors must have a proper, current, and valid NASCAR License to compete.

3. Car must fully comply with all current THR/TSRS rules. NO HYBRID CARS.

4. All cars will be subject to pre race and post race inspections using the THR/TSRS current rulebook with these exceptions:

a. All cars must use Track fuel.

b. All cars must use the Track tire.

Archived