IMCA Dates

spedfrk

I found the following on the IMCA website.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

South Texas Speedway sanctions IMCA Modifieds, Southern SportMods

Posted on January 09, 2008 at 04:06:21 pm

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (Jan. 8) – Two IMCA divisions join Saturday night programs this season at South Texas Speedway.

Modifieds and Southern SportMods will be featured weekly at the ¼-mile clay track beginning Feb. 16. Points races for both classes continue through Sept. 20.

“I like the rules and the economics,” said promoter Owen Pittman. “We’ve spent the last two years as an outlaw track and I feel the rules have gotten out there too far. IMCA’s rules open the doors for more drivers to compete. They can go to a sanctioned track and know they have a shot at winning.”

A former asphalt modified driver, Pittman owned the Texas Asphalt Modified Touring Series and promoted Corpus Christi Speedway before taking over at South Texas three years ago.

“We’ll re-work the racing surface and add banking in both sets of turns in time for opening night,” he said. “Otherwise, the facilities are already in really good shape.”

Sanctioned Modifieds ran at South Texas in 1996. Modified points earned at the Corpus Christi venue will figure toward SuperFlow South Central Region standings.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is great news. I like to hear their will be more banking in turn 1 and 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived