NASCAR $$$ Question

SASPEEDRACER24

Looking over the results from the Busch Race on Sat. I noticed something kind ok quirky. Joe finished 23rd and made nearly $19k. Funny thing is that 11 cars finished worse than him and made more $$$ the 43rd finisher Harmon won more money. Can anyone explain this? It just seems very wierd to me that you work hard to stay out of trouble keep the car clean finish in the top 25 and have 11 cars that made more money even though they didn't run well. Click here to see what I mean.

Nascar has a victory circle program (i think its called victory circle) where it rewards the teams who race more races the previous year with majority of the purse. Thats why in Cup u will see rookies make much less than other guys or how when jeff gordon finished last he still makes more than the 20th place guy.

Jason

Nick and Jason-

They have the same kinds of programs in Winston West and some other series. In addition, the contingency money may be included in the total, and not all teams participate in all contingencies. For example, the Coke family of drivers don't get Pepsi money, and vice versa. (The Petty team is well known for not being involved in the beer deals, hence they also don't qualify for things like the Bud Shootout.)

Archived