looks like we need to test & tune

Shawn B

January 12th all classes are welcome to come out & Test & Tune. Drivers that are not registered can take the opportunity to do so on the 12th of January. Lets start off 2008 with going in circles.

Currently we are painting the walls. I would like to thank the Hooligans for coming out to help.

Thank you,

Shawn Bourland, TM

How do you come out and "Test and Tune " without knowing what tires are going to be run ? It would be hard to get the correct set up going. <_<

Maybe you could call Shawn and ask him or PM him. If I am not mistaking the tires they picked up are the

Goodyears. What car do you drive, and have you been driving out at CC?

What was decided on the tire rule changes for the super street class? I was looking on the website but it says changes are still in progress.

Ditto Greg, I would like to know what tires I'm going to have to buy? I being the "Rookie" would like to start setting aside monies to get the right stuff.

Shawn?????????????????? PM me please and tell me what I need to get.

Thanks!

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (back home in CC) :ph34r:

What is wrong with charging? There is overhead to consider, and I do not know of any track that doesn't charge for practice. Look at HMP, THR, don't know for sure about Whichita, come on folks lets get ready to race.
DID NOT SAY ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH IT ..BUT I DONT RECALL THAT HAPPENING BEFORE ...UNLESS YOUR RENTING THE TRACK FOR YOUR CAR ONLY ...BUT THEY ARE TRYING TO RUN A TIRE TEST AND WANTING TO GET MORE CARS TO COME OUT ..SAYING WE WILL HAVE A TIRE TEST AND TO SEE HOW THEY WILL WORK OUT AND THEN CHARGEING THEM TO SHOW UP . WELL ... NOW NEXT PRACTICE THEY CAN CHARGE ....

What is wrong with charging? There is overhead to consider, and I do not know of any track that doesn't charge for practice. Look at HMP, THR, don't know for sure about Whichita, come on folks lets get ready to race.

DID NOT SAY ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH IT ..BUT I DONT RECALL THAT HAPPENING BEFORE ...UNLESS YOUR RENTING THE TRACK FOR YOUR CAR ONLY ...BUT THEY ARE TRYING TO RUN A TIRE TEST AND WANTING TO GET MORE CARS TO COME OUT ..SAYING WE WILL HAVE A TIRE TEST AND TO SEE HOW THEY WILL WORK OUT AND THEN CHARGEING THEM TO SHOW UP . WELL ... NOW NEXT PRACTICE THEY CAN CHARGE ....

I understand what you are trying to say, but this practice is not just a tire test for the SS. It is as I understand an open practice, besides it isn't like nothing is being said and you load everything up, make the trip get to the gate and wham, then you get a suprise.

Oh, and by the way OT, I think you just used up your posting quota!!!!!! :lol: See ya at the track Saturday

WELL ILL PASS MY QUOTA AGAIN .....YEP //COMES DOWN TO NOT BEING USED TO PAYING AT CC ..THATS ALL ...GATTA [MISPELLED FER YOU .].GET USED TO A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN ...WITH FUEL PRICES THE WAY THEY ARE ..25 ISNT BAD FOR THE CAR ..BUT 10 FOR THE CREW ..THATS HARDER ....ALOT OF CREWS PAY THIER OWN WAY ..MOST DRIVERS CANT AFFORD BOTH ..AND YES I WANT THE TRACK TO MAKE MONEY ..SO I HAVE TO GO MOW SOME YARDS ..HIT THE PIGGY BANK ..STAND ON THE CORNER AND GET PAID TO GET OFF THAT CORNER .IFFEN I DONT GET A TICKET FOR UNSIGHTLY POSTERING ...YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN RIGHT ....LOL

JJ&S RACING, I couldn't make it to the meetings, but from what I understand, you were one of the main ones lobbying for racing tires. Seems to me that if you wanted them so bad, you must have the money to afford them. So I would guess a small entry fee so that you can "TEST" them wouldn't hurt you. The class was a bit more affordable before, so don't complain about costs.

JJ&S RACING, I couldn't make it to the meetings, but from what I understand, you were one of the main ones lobbying for racing tires. Seems to me that if you wanted them so bad, you must have the money to afford them. So I would guess a small entry fee so that you can "TEST" them wouldn't hurt you. The class was a bit more affordable before, so don't complain about costs.

;););)

Sorry about the charge for practice, but in the tracks defence we have two insurance policies we are paying for. A liability for anyone who steps on the property & ASA insurance for the racing.

ASA insurance is one of the best the track has had. The over head is still @ the track if we race or just practice. They may not have charged last year or the year before but there has been charges in the past.

I will talk to Michael to see what we can do for pit crew members.

I hope to see you on Saturday for practice.

We are not charging for spectators.

first of all the date was set aside for tsrs,pro mods. pro trucks what happen to that. only certin people hearing about tires from houston is wrong.jmo.dont mind paying for fire crew and stuff like that but to hear about it on sunday is just wrong.greg i did lobby for racing tires but dirt mod. pull offs,not these 100. apiece tires.i heard it was some other people that lived in the bluff that wanted this not me or my brother. i didnt make the meeting my self. if someone told you that they are wrong.i think you and i are the only ones who runs this class knows just what that tire bill will be, need a good tach man so the class can only by somany tires at a giving week.jmo ill be there with my care to brake the engine in an to check tire wear.

john henry

B)-->

QUOTE(Shawn B @ Jan 8 2008, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry about the charge for practice, but in the tracks defence we have two insurance policies we are paying for. A liability for anyone who steps on the property & ASA insurance for the racing.

ASA insurance is one of the best the track has had. The over head is still @ the track if we race or just practice. They may not have charged last year or the year before but there has been charges in the past.

I will talk to Michael to see what we can do for pit crew members.

I hope to see you on Saturday for practice.

We are not charging for spectators.

maybe yah can up with 30 dallors a car .and one free pit crew ..0r 40 dallors for the car with three ... you still make some money to off set the insurance ...at the same time ..helping out the drivers and crews ..as well as the speedway have a chance to have better racen when season starts ..we dont mind paying a practic fee ..but .... just an ideal ..... good buddy .....hey i still havent collected that door .let bubba know i need it ..okie dokie ..

My apologies then. If there was a tire change, I wanted G60's as well. Seeing as there is another track locally that runs them. But that would make sense, and would be too logical I guess. I really hope this decision works out. We will be there when we can afford tires. You know how it works at CC, though. Whoever has the freshest tires usually wins. If it doesn't work out, I hope whoever it was that wanted to race on racing tires likes racing by themselves.

My apologies then. If there was a tire change, I wanted G60's as well. Seeing as there is another track locally that runs them. But that would make sense, and would be too logical I guess. I really hope this decision works out. We will be there when we can afford tires. You know how it works at CC, though. Whoever has the freshest tires usually wins. If it doesn't work out, I hope whoever it was that wanted to race on racing tires likes racing by themselves.

i agree with 100% .but i guess this is a dead horse.

I think the tire deal is going to work out. We have remember to look at the big picture here. I have for years been an advocate for the street tires, they are relativley inexpensive, last a pretty long time, and if you put too much power to them the can slip and slide, kind of an equalizer. At first everyone complained and moaned and groaned but soon realized that they worked well. For years I have talked to drivers that had concerns about the direction the track was heading, and I have to admit it had seemed to grow stagnent. Now we have Michael & Shawn that want to take it to the next level, and are working with the other Texas Asphalt tracks to combine and get closer to the rules. When we have out of towners coming to race all I heard was, he has race tires I want race tires, and this was coming from some teams that are complaining about the tires that are being brought in. You wanted it now you got it. Now please don't take this as a negative because that is not the intent. Not everyone welcomes change right away or can look outside the box, but look at it this way, in a few short years wouldnt it be nice to go to any asphalt track in Texas and run against new drivers and new tracks with virtually the same equipment? I am excited about the future of asphalt racing here in Texas and I hope everyone else will be too.

I for one are grateful to Michael & Shawn to continue the legacy of CC Speedway and will support them in any way I can.

Have a Blessed Day.

It did become a bit stagnant, but you and I and drivers that have seen this change done so many times in the past know what it will turn into. You are right, street tires were the equalizer. You could be competitive with less motor, not going to be the case anymore. I didn't want race tires, I wanted the guys that were racing with us to race OUR rules. What track that we are trying to get in line with as far as rules runs Goodyears? As far as I know THR runs Hoosiers or AR don't they? Oh well, I hope it works out for Michael. I guess he's got the knowledge he needs to make it work. It's not my job to worry about it anyway.

I think the tire deal is going to work out. We have remember to look at the big picture here. I have for years been an advocate for the street tires, they are relativley inexpensive, last a pretty long time, and if you put too much power to them the can slip and slide, kind of an equalizer. At first everyone complained and moaned and groaned but soon realized that they worked well. For years I have talked to drivers that had concerns about the direction the track was heading, and I have to admit it had seemed to grow stagnent. Now we have Michael & Shawn that want to take it to the next level, and are working with the other Texas Asphalt tracks to combine and get closer to the rules. When we have out of towners coming to race all I heard was, he has race tires I want race tires, and this was coming from some teams that are complaining about the tires that are being brought in. You wanted it now you got it. Now please don't take this as a negative because that is not the intent. Not everyone welcomes change right away or can look outside the box, but look at it this way, in a few short years wouldnt it be nice to go to any asphalt track in Texas and run against new drivers and new tracks with virtually the same equipment? I am excited about the future of asphalt racing here in Texas and I hope everyone else will be too.

I for one are grateful to Michael & Shawn to continue the legacy of CC Speedway and will support them in any way I can.

Have a Blessed Day.

Thunder Hill will run Hoosier F-53 8" slicks and for the drivers that have 970's they have 2 events to run those. HMP run's Goodyear's. The Goodyears from what I understand have a longer lifespan and are consistant. This is going to be the first step of many.

Archived