Texas Pro Sedans Scheduled

Texas Pro Sedans – Schedule Two Races at Red River Speedway

San Antonio, Texas

A ten event 2008 race schedule has been announced for the upcoming Texas Pro Sedans racing season. The schedule will initiate the 33rd consecutive year of racing by the Texas four cylinder stock car series. Eight of the TPS races will be conducted at Thunderhill Raceway in Kyle, Texas.

Two of the races will be contested at Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls, Texas. The events were recently added to the Texas Pro Sedans racing schedule. Inking the contract with TPS was RRS General Manager, Mike Cooper. The ¼ mile, 13 degree banked asphalt oval was recently purchased by new owner Short Track Motorsports of Lewisville, Texas and is reopening on March 29. The event will be the first appearance of the Texas Pro Sedans at Red River Speedway.

Race Dates ..... Track/Event (race remarks)

March 29 ........ Red River Speedway … (Time Trials, 2 – 10 lap Qual Heats, 40 Lap Feature Race)

June 14 ...........Red River Speedway … (Time Trials, 2 – 10 lap Qual Heats, 40 Lap Feature Race)

November 8 .....2008 TPS Awards Dinner (location – Earl Abels Restaurant, San Antonio)

For both races at Red River Speedway, in the event of postponement, the following “rain date policy” was agreed. The rain date will be on Sunday following the race date.

The 2008 TPS race schedule, like most other racing schedules, “is subject to change”.

For further information, visit: http://www.texasprosedans.com

or TPS Rules and Entry information contact:

Neil Upchurch

Race - Administrative Director

c/o 3222 Leyte Drive

San Antonio, TX 78217-4018

210/ 655-3222 Phone & Fax

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

Mike: You wrote, "i take it you will try and work something out for motels" ..

Yes, we are working on a discount motel deal. Your drivers were notified about that by e-mail yesterday, which is how much time has passed since the contract was signed. Glad to hear your drivers are going to enter. We need to hear that from several TPS drivers.

For further information, visit: http://www.texasprosedans.com

for TPS Rules and Entry information contact:

Neil Upchurch

Race - Administrative Director

c/o 3222 Leyte Drive

San Antonio, TX 78217-4018

210/ 655-3222 Phone & Fax

well we need to get out of town sometimes . i heard about this track before and seeing it comes close to the track here in corpus .. i dont think we will have to much trouble getting the cars to handle ...we have the gears .so thats good i hope . . we will probably take on up there early on that friday probably 8 to 10 hour drive .... so ill ask will you have practice on friday night ... thank you for letting us join you this year .. i promise we will do our best to put on a show ..

• 2 weeks later...

I have driven from Amarillo to Wichita Falls plenty of times. But never from San Antonio to Wichita Falls.

Which is the better/faster/easier way to pull a car and trailer? I37 through Ft. Worth or up 281? How many miles is it and how long will it take to haul if the top speed we pull at is, say 68 mph?

For those TPS members that are going to these races, what day and time are you leaving and do you want to meet up and caravan there. Just in case something happens with a trailer or hauler :( I was thinking of leaving around 6am saturday morning.

Also, for charger, can we camp in the pits after the races and leave on sunday am? I was thinking of pitching a tent.

thanks

When i traveled to Kyle it takes me 5 1/2 hours from WF to the track. So that can give you an idea. I don't know how far it is from Kyle to San Antonio. Mark

from cc to kyle is 200 miles plus .from sa to kyle what 65 mile maybe ...how many miles from kyle to wf ..

I was in Austin early Tuesday morning and had to leave back to Wichita Falls from 183 in Austin to the track is exactly 350 miles. I also wanted to answer the camping question. There is no problem with that bring your tent , camper whatever you need. We look forward to having you guys up. If it will help and you want to use map quest. The adress is

1633 FM 369 North

Wichita Falls , Texas 76308

Thanks

I have driven to WF both ways, and I will leave SA between 8 am and 9 am on Sat morning. I'm telling Bruce we are leaving between 7-8. I like I-35 better. Sat. traffic thru Austin is the only slowdown. 281 has too many slow sections, stop lites, and antique stores (Charysse cant pass any without wanting to stop.) We will spend the night and head home Sun am.

Lets eat !!!!!!!!! :D:D ( The Grill will be fine )

We just ask that you have a fire extinguisher.

Thanks

M

yippy ... if you havent eatin any of lalos toolbox bbq .. and im sure you havent ..get ready ..he is better known for his food than his driveing ..lol sorry lalo could not help myself ....

Mike: A quote from the Texas Pro Sedans rule book. "A fire extinguisher (utility or central) must be easily reached by driver, firmly secured, shall be easily used, have a minimum capacity of 2 lbs and have a charge reading gauge. A minimum 10 lbs pit/trailer extinguisher is required". That should cover the safety situation while cooking in the pits.

Also - Any North Texas 4 cylinder sedan driver who wished to file entry for the March 29 Texas Pro Sedans race at Red River Speedway should contact me asap. I need to know about your car.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

Archived