IHRA @ SA Raceway postponed/reschuled

rebelracewriter

Thanx for getting the message out early there Chuck. Next week was to be my triumphant(LOL) return to the Motorsports Zone, but since I'll be covering the rescheduled show, I will try to do a phone-in, LIVE from the track instead. I'm working with IHRA on getting one or two special guests lined up. I'll get that info posted when it's confirmed.

IHRA/Hooters Racing Series, Amalie Motor Oil Texas Nationals

Presented by Ancira Cars, Trucks and R.V.’s @ San Antonio Raceway

By J M Hallas

Sat. 3-1-03 San Antonio. Continued wet, damp, drizzly conditions and forecasts for rain again Sunday, forced IHRA officials to postpone both Sat. and Sun. portions of the three day event. The race will be rescheduled for the following weekend, with gates open on Fri. March 7th at 8:00 AM for pit parking only.

Racing will resume on Sat. March 8th at 8:00 AM with qualifying for the sportsman classes, and then the Pro classes at 12:30 PM. All classes will be allowed to run two attempts on Sat., with all classes still being declared an “open field.” Sat. will also conclude with the “Night of Fire”, with Pro classes final qualifying under the lights along with the jet dragsters of Bob Motz Kenworth truck and Aggie Hendricks’ Queen of Diamonds, and a run by the wheelstanding school bus of Ken Nelson.

Sunday March 9th will kick off with sportsman eliminations beginning at 8:30, Championship finals at 11:00 AM and “The Blast Off at 1:00 PM. All pre-purchased tickets will be honored for the day they were originally purchased. Ticket stubs and wrist bands, will be used as rain checks. Pro class leaders going into next weekends event are Rhonda Hartman-Smith in Top Fuel, Charlie Peppers in Pro Stock, Mike Janis in Pro Modified and Mark Thomas in Funny Car.

Archived