some pics of red's #3 super

chipmunk

Looking at these pictures, I have to wonder if Don Stodder drove the "Falcon" Modified. I recall him driving Red Garner's car at Meyer Spdwy/Houston, but it may have been the Super Modified. A good question for jakdad to ask Red. I would think the Falcon fender fabricated bodied Modified was prior to the Super Modified. From what I can tell, both blue and # 3.

On the Miss Chicken site, there is a reference to a Stodder out of Houston; it is a #57 winged sprint car racing at Jackson International Speedway, Mississippi.

It is listed as Munson Stodder, but I am wondering if it a team name, like "Munson and Stodder"??

Chipmunk's last picture of that group of the #3 on the trailer is in the parking lot in front of the grandstands at Jackson Int'l Speedway, which was actually located in Clinton, west of Jackson on what is now I-20, and was on the east bound service road.

Munson Stoddard in his first Modified Ride when he got out of the Bronco's

SONATA_VOLUME-329.jpg

SONATA_VOLUME-328.jpg

SONATA_VOLUME-55.jpg

Another Modified But I think this is Don

Definately Don Stoddard with his Bronco

SONATA_VOLUME-43.jpg

Another of Don and his Bronco, this is early 64

SONATA_VOLUME-39.jpg

I hear ya, but after several references, I'm just trying to correct the record. During the '60s, at Meyer Spdwy/Houston, I raced Bronco Stocks for a couple of years with Curtis Mae and Munson Stodder Jr's son Don, and my brother raced Bronco Stocks for a couple of seasons with Don's older brother, Munson Stodder III.

SONATA_VOLUME-40.jpg

Another of Munson

This Modified Stock Car, with Munson sitting on the LF tire, appears to be a different/later car than the one pictured with Munson squatting on the right side. That car, with orange numbers, may have been the former #91/Garner Trucking Car that was driven by Ronnie Chumley. I see a marked difference in the body modifications. If possible, I would like to know the history of the 2nd late '30s modified coupe bodied MSC #57 driven by Munson Stodder. I have no memory of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Munson Stoddard in his first Modified Ride when he got out of the Bronco's

SONATA_VOLUME-329.jpg

SONATA_VOLUME-328.jpg

SONATA_VOLUME-55.jpg

The bottom picture of the orange & white # 57 Modified Stock Car was driven by Munson Stodder in '66, after he won the Meyer Spdwy/Houston Bronco Stock Car championship in '65. That's Munson beside the car, and in front it appears to be hard working crewman Ken Burns. This car, I believe was purchased from the previous owner/builder.

The top & middle pictured Modified/Super Modified Car appears to be the car built by Stodder Racing in about '68 or '69, and was driven by Munson Stodder.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived