AFFF (Foam) Fire System for racing

safety1

I have done some research and found a very good, dependable AFFF based fire system that will work for any type of racing that you do. It comes in several sizes and is refillable at the track by you, just follow the directions. ESS FIRE is the company, just Google/search ESS Fire and several vendors will come up for this product. This is the same type of foam used in ARFF at the airports and does a fantastic job on fuel fires, is safe for the driver and will not damage the car. Guys I urge you to look seriously at this type of system for your car. The bigger your fuel cell the larger the system you should get. The larger system will produce approx. 30-40 gal of product and will give you the time you need to get out as well as works well to prevent re-ignition.

Happy Holidays to all

Thats a pretty good product. Worth some investigation. I'd be happy if you didnt have to have a fire bottle outlet in the drivers compartment. Thats a good way to suffocate someone. The foam release is a whole lot safer to the driver.

Thanks safety1, your contribution is AGAIN much appreciated.

I know that Greg Dinsmore has installed a new supression system in his modified. I don't recall which type it was and it wasn't easy to see that good in the dark, but there are people making changes for safer cars. There will be a couple of exhibits at the trade show in Ft Worth, this weekend I believe, that will have race safe cars on display. There are plans for one of them to visit different tracks during the 2008, plus an interesting surprise that will have people flipping over it. :lol:

Archived