Favorite race track food

97car

:P What is your favorite race track food. I don't seem to have a favorite anymore,but Devils Bowl used to have some god tacos and chalupas,I haven't been there since 86,the former Buffalo Park speedway in Carrolton used to have fries a drink and a chopped barbeque sandwich for I think around $2.00 ,this was my supper on Friday nights,they had standing room only most every week. The former Sportsdrome speedway in grandprarie had good tator tots,don't remember what was special about them,maybe was just a kid thing. What are your favorites?

Devils Bowl still has some unbelievable burritos... I like the combination burrito.

Grayson County Speedway has a "Mexican Burger" that is out of this world. pepperjack cheese & jalepenos etc..

I'm showing my Yankee upbringing here, but by far the best concessions I've ever had at a race track were at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarboro, Maine. Lobster rolls. Huge, juicy burgers. And crinkle-cut French Fries with salt and vinegar. Vinegar on Fries, you say? Well, I don't know why they taste soooooo good up there, but they do. Besides that, they price everything at whatever McDonalds prices things so people come to the track to eat instead of stopping at McDonalds on the way to the track.

Beach Ridge is a 1/3rd mile paved oval that's something like THR except the back straight is wider and there's an off camber section between the front straight wall and the front straight. They do everything right up there. They have so many cars that compete every week that they race on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights!!!!!!

Nick Holt

The Racer frys (wrinke frys for the non-race fan)were the best at Pan American Speedway.nice and soggy and salty,Gotta luv em!!

I remember a guy in the early days of Hwy 16 that had a bar-be-que stand at the end of the grandstands that was pretty good, although a little inconvient for the racers to get to.

Other than that, I'm not too impressed with the track fare. Of the tracks I go to the most, probably THR is the best option.

If ya'll make it to Pensacola, They make a pretty good burger.

txtom...If I remember right, that was "Bones" Bierschwale's BBQ. Those were a huge hit. I think he was Don B.'s brother or cousin or something like that...

As far as P'cola goes, everything is OK, EXCEPT for those BOILED PEANUTS! I haven't been to many other tracks that sell those, but that is got to be one of the most gawd awful things ever invented.

Totally agree on the boiled peanuts. After about night 7(in a row) at New Smyrna during speedweeks, they brought some down into the pits. You would have thought (from all the excitement) that the filet mignon had arrived. Yuck.

Jay

:P Yes Cowtown has the luxury of having their concession stands behind the bleachers like most tracks but the wind blows the scent of hamburgers and frito pies right through the bleachers,really makes it hard not to partake in the food.

I kinda wondered about all those stinking p-nuts at p-cola. There are still some old superstitious racers out there who will have a coronary if you bring peanuts in their pit.

On the other hand, you can sure mess with a drunk by pitching p-nuts at him, and act like you don't know anything when he starts getting mad....

NOT saying I ever did this!

Big John, you drank the beer for a little anti-freeze!

My dad, my friend Steve and I musta drank about $30 of hot chocolate that Friday night. We were at Wal-mart Saturday morning getting stuff for the cold!

The cheeseburgers at Cowtown are real good. I also have to throw in nachos from any race track are good to me. But Houston has some good double cheeseburgers(but I think those are sonic burger's dont know if that counts though)

Archived