Just talked to Nell

Meester Dennis

how many of these cars were running i37 before there were lights there?..what would change if they were to put on small tires??,thousands??or perhaps a set of gears??...sure bump steer and geometry plays a part..,but its a new season... if one was to build a true dirt only chassis for i37,many would be shocked at the difference thru the turns... why did the DANCER car come down and check out on the regulars with a basically 10plus year old car?it was not motor... it was turn speed..so put 300 to 400 pound of weight in front of the radiator and now you are on equal ground...bet lots of folks will buy wheels and tires to not carry the penalty..we are talking about what will work.. its an oppshune to those that dont want to change anything... its about making a class work merging the two classes.. its plaine to see it did not get better in the past YEARS,.so why would the track leave it as it was?.. they are hoping to make money.. thats what keeps the gates open...good luck to all.. frank t

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how many of these cars were running i37 before there were lights there?..what would change if they were to put on small tires??,thousands??or perhaps a set of gears??...sure bump steer and geometry plays a part..,but its a new season... if one was to build a true dirt only chassis for i37,many would be shocked at the difference thru the turns... why did the DANCER car come down and check out on the regulars with a basically 10plus year old car?it was not motor... it was turn speed..so put 300 to 400 pound of weight in front of the radiator and now you are on equal ground...bet lots of folks will buy wheels and tires to not carry the penalty..we are talking about what will work.. its an oppshune to those that dont want to change anything... its about making a class work merging the two classes.. its plaine to see it did not get better in the past YEARS,.so why would the track leave it as it was?.. they are hoping to make money.. thats what keeps the gates open...good luck to all.. frank t

I dont know what race you are referring to. but the only race Dancer made at 37 he started on pole...he didnt check out on anybody...

HOT in Waco announced at the last race that they were considering dropping the i-stock class(8 in tires) because of low car count. There needs to be a class for full fendered cars that will work, not 3 or 4 different classes that look almost the same. Weight is a good equalizer and a track should pay $1500 for some scales instead of expecting each driver to spend about that much to make a car legal in another class.

HOT dropped IMCA stock cars due to the low car count it was averaging 9 cars. The sportsmods are great but they killed IMCA stocks because sportsmods are just like a stock car wraped in a modified body. the rule for sportsmod are better and makes for better racing. I have friends that ran both killeen and HOT in stocks and went to sportsmods for the carb rule alone. it seems if a istock losses is forward momentum it is harder to get it back do to the carbs. if IMCA would let the stocks go back to a 500 cfm carb I believe that the class would make a quicker comeback in texas.

SEE YA IN KILLEEN DON.

Randy

Well I sure can't make plans for I37 this late in the game!

It's a shame -- wish I could.

I know my car can race at Killeen and the '08 IMCA -Stock rules are out -- not that they changed significantly anyway.

Pat said '08 would have the exact same classes as '07.

Don in Austin

PAt will probably never drop the IMCA stock cars because he sees the class coming back and he still has a stock car so he will need a track to run his car if he feels the need :lol: . I also believe that if HOT see good car counts at texas thunder maybe they will bring the class back.

Learning to not bang ones head on the table to long can be considered wisdom by some....

Lets start with Streets, what are we looking for and hoping for? (Rule change wise)

What about Supers?

How many of each do we have in the area just sitting and what would it take to get these back on the track?

Thanks,

Mark

BTW Danielsen Motorsports, you've got some great ideas on not spending money unneededly...

First nobody wants to spend money, thats a given. Second everyone knows we will have to this year due to the situation the classes are in, cant get around that. Last, the buttom line is everyone would spend money to race, thats a proven fact.

But here is the deal, currently nobody has a clue what the rules are going to be, what changes we need to make, how much money do we need to spend to make these changes, nor have we been told if the track is going to even open, if so when and by whom. Everything so far is 3rd party info and here say (rumors). Its funny that you ask how many cars are sitting (alot) and what its going to take to get them to show up! With the following questions having no answers you will never know.

To get the answers you must have a "Promoter", which they dont have, get on here or have a drivers meeting stating what the current situation is and what they are going to do about it. Tell us the 2008 plans including the rules. Its kind of a concept that other tracks use and it seems to work. With this information the drivers may or may not be inspired to spend money and start getting ready. Some have not even made up their minds until they find out the details first. Finally others will simply find other tracks to race at such as Edna, Corpus, Houston, Etc. because they cant spend more money on changes.

I think most drivers would bit the bullet and do anything to race providing they see a future and answers to all the questions that everyone has been asking. Lets hope Santa is gring the answers.

So to answer your question I think the track has to step up and take a bunch of neccessary steps before very many will commit to anything unless they are pretty much ready to go right now which includes racing at others tracks in the event i37 continues to do nothing.

Sorry and I'm not trying to be an "@$$... Nell is the owner of the track, she and her family took the track back over after things happened with Chico. We are new to 37, not to dirt; that being said both Nell's people and Chico's people did an awesome job in '07 considering things that were happening... Nell has the track for sale yes we have covered that. But ya'll need to put yourself in her shoes, if you were selling the track would you have a drivers meeting, set rules and so forth knowing that you might be selling the track. New owners may have different ideas then you are spending monies twice...

Enjoy Your Christmas...

Mark

I do understand to some degree but selling a track is hard and it would be a big suprise to everyone. She has stated she is opening if she doesnt sell. All she needs to do is say these are the rules, in the event the track sells they may change however that would be a wrong step to take for a new owner this late in the game. Anyway happy holidays to everyone and dont drink too much, be safe!

I think a track that is running and have cars committed to racing there would have a much better chance of selling. Nell, Roxie and Ed have always managed to come thru and give us a place to race. With that said, it would be a good idea to have a drivers meeting and hear some of the ideas that have been brought up on this fourm. Then, what ever is decided good ,bad or indiffernt people have time to do what is needed to get ready. You can't act on second hand information. Maybe we will hear something after the holidays.

I don't know the answer, but without people filling the grandstands there is not an answer. Races with just a few cars lasting until 12:00 or 1:00 in the morning is not going to improve anything. If the track depends on the pits to pay all the expenses then it has very little chance of improving anything.

we are havin snow races here in Colorado for Super Stocks and Street Stocks come on up ! just kidin just had to say hi to all in South Texas just got a job at Sam's Club in the bakery as team leader still workin on the paperwork for new house Ya'll have a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year and be safe Rainbow Man in Colorado finally

• 3 weeks later...
Please pass some info to her from us street stock and super drivers. If combining has to be done then at least adopt the STS Hobby rules instead of making yet another different set of rules that wont allow us to race anywhere else. This is very important because if we all go through changing parts and spending money then at least we have somewhere to race in the event she decides to rain out every week or close the season early like this year with 2 months still to go. Also keep in mind there will be drivers from both classes that wont combine and run this new class so just simply combining them doesnt mean you will have great car count numbers. Also expect some street stocks to drop down in the pure stock class, how are your pure stock drivers going to react to that? The street stock and super stock classes should be paid based upon car count not scrapping the classes. The street stocks proved they were growing each time they ran. I dont understand how you can base anything off of last year with everything that happened and all the rainouts. I will give her credit for not throwing in the towel but the changes are not answers to the problems.

I dont want this misunderstood as I want to say this as respecful as possible but for the love of god get some dirt track people involved in making these decisions. Alot of good, knowledgable individuals have been involved in racing a long long time and can be your biggest asset if you would simply use them!

Ill second that motion . That would be great to keep the rules the same as south tx hobby . Walt

I think hobby rules and merge classes would be in tracks best intrest.

Why not merge the Limiteds and Mods for that matter, higher purses and lower car counts then the pures and street stocks. That makes the most since if your looking out for the track. Put yourselves in our shoes.

Posted on: Dec 18 2007, 06:45 PM By: Danielsen Motorsports

Appreciate you working and getting them to us early. Hopefully I37 if they open will adopt the same rules and make it easy for themselves and everyone else.'

So do you want to combine or not? just wondering

Johnny

Of course not. I was making a point its easy for a limited mod guy to say just combine them for the sake of the track. My point to him is with his rationality how would he like the two mod classes combined because that is how we feel combining the supers and streets. I think if they give the street class a chance it will do fine but the class has less then 1/2 a season as it is. However if they did fill the need to combine them then at the very least use STS rules but i hope thats a last resort. Right now I am simply looking forward to seeing a done deal! :D

BTW good luck in the derby this weekend. Wanted to come but our new shop is being delivered friday so you know what we will be doing while the weather is good.

Archived