USAC in 2008 - March 21?

the track would have a better shot at making money by keeping them seperate. 2 BIG weekend races!!!!- three months or so apart , or the whole salome in one......

the track would have a better shot at making money by keeping them seperate. 2 BIG weekend races!!!!- three months or so apart , or the whole salome in one......

I agree - it was a bit much having two shows like that back to back - but it would be a lot to pull off for one weekend unless it was a two night show - say Friday and Saturday Night....qualifiers one night, finals the next - maybe with the Pro Late Models on the 2nd Night....

Could be cost prohibitive for some fans though - but then - it wouldn't be a racefest if they were spread out 3 months apart.

I just hope somebody can confirm the Friday night date - as luck would have it I already have plans for that Saturday - going to have to do some maneuvering.

I am not speaking for Tavo, but a here are a couple thing I see,

First, anytime you have Nascar involved, it is a hassle due to their licensing and so on. Last year, the TSRS guys had problems getting around the pits because of the NASCAR requirements.

It looks like the NASCAR race will be around two weeks after the USAC race.

By spreading them over two weeks, most fans have two separate pay-days to cover the expenses of tickets and so on. And Tavo and his staff has time to devote to the individual series to ensure a successful program.

If you had NASCAR and USAC in the office at the same time, it would be a bit much.

And Tavo has temporary grandstands brought in for the event. It is far cheaper to bring them in once and leave them sit for two weeks than tearing them down and bringing them back in 3 months.

Lastly, It is a USAC National Event. I believe USAC likes their National events to be stand-alone. If they were back to back, such as USAC Friday, and NASCAR Saturday, it could be perceived that USAC was a supporting event to the NASCAR event. That perception could affect things like sponsor dollars, media coverage, and so on.

As far as I am concerned, I want to thank Tavo and USAC for enduring and scheduling another race in spite of the past history with the rain. I think it shows two things: Tavo's desire to give fans in Texas a chance to see great open-wheel series, and USAC's belief that there is enough interest in Texas in their series to make them want to come.

Thanks for the insight! Some of it is called politics, some of it logistics.....I understand it, and it makes sense....I'll probably be there both weekends anyway - I'll be patient and wait for the official THR schedule to come out - and I'll try to adjust my plans as necessary.

The Friday night scheduling on USAC.Com surprised me, so I wanted to verify that. I just got all excited because I was soooo looking forward to last years show - March 21-23 is an off weekend for the NASCAR big boys - maybe we'll see a guest appearance or two...

not trying to start any rumors :D

At the meeting today, the schedule was announced as TSRS and Nascar GN West running on March 22. I didn't hear anything mentioned about USAC, but their schedule does show the 21st race. Racefest is shaping up to be one heck of a weekend if this all plays out.

• 1 month later...

http://www.nascarlocalracing.com/content.php?Series_ID=9

It's been there since mid-December, but somehow I missed it.

West series site is showing April 19 as the date....

USAC still showing March 21...a Friday show will allow for a Saturday raindate and allow the guys to get back home on Sunday if necessary....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived