NASCAR at San Antonio Speedway

Pacecar

NASCAR Late Model Stock at San Antonio Speedway offers you the most potential to make local oval track racing a rewarding experience…. from a financial standpoint as well as the competition. I encourage racers to consider the Nascar featured division at San Antonio Speedway for 2004.

The end of season Nascar awards are pretty good for the track champion. Of the nine Nascar track champions in the Sunbelt region, I placed 7th. The regional winner earned $46,000 in post-season awards. I received $7,600 at the Nascar Dodge Weekly Series banquet at the Nashville Opryland Hotel this past weekend. I hope more of the SAS racers earn their chance to go to the banquet. It’s first class and better than the televised Winston Cup banquet held at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York.

My $7,600 is comprised of:

$4,500 from Nascar & Dodge for 7th in region

$1,000 from Nascar for track champion

$500 from Hoosier

$1400 from the U.S. Army

$100 from Edelbrock

$100 from PowerAde

At first, I didn’t like the idea of U.S. Army tax dollars going towards my racing. However, I think I might have to give it back to the government anyway to pay the taxes on the $7600. So now I feel better about it.

I hope the SAS 50/50 point fund money comes thru to help all the other racers who participated at SAS this past year. With the holidays coming and getting the race car ready for next year, I know these racers could really use this money.

I hope to compete with you at SAS next year.

Larry Bendele, #23.

Congrats to you again for your Championship win. Just curious are you planning anything different for next year? I heard a rumor that you were thinking of going Dodge Powered but that was probrobly just another one of those vicious rumors.... LOL... Hope you have a good time this off season spending all that hard earned cash...

Congrats Larry, I heard the banquet is a real happening. Its too bad the track doesn't seem to promote your class and what it has to offer. Hell, from what it seems like most everyone on this site doesn't even understand the rules and how your cars are equipped. Who is at fault. THE TRACK MANAGEMENT. They assume that everything about their facility is self apparent and needs no marketing. Sorry about the tone, you could have won more money if the track would have marketed more to the racers, but then again they do not even market to the public either.

Archived