TEXAS TRUE STOCK

ratdaddy

Fuel injection will do what electronic ignition did to points.Some cars have no place for a fuel pump on the block.Be warned,the guy that chooses to race an injected car will be fast.Why? Because anyone knolegeable enough to keep an injection system in good working order will also have a complete car in good working order.Its not the injection that makes them fast,its the quality of the mechanic.Will and Todd are examples.The secret to big car counts is lots of available start up cars.Not throwing rocks at them.

BTW,I am hearing lots of people intrested in racing Thunder minnies again.It has to do with money.I bet that pesky neon shows up again.

i do not agree i do not think that they should let the fuel injection cars in they have never been allowed that i know of y change that besides u can do a lot to the computers on those cars without being caught but thats just my ideas and i thought that the meetings were gonna be to descuss the rules thats what was said and now they are saying to give them out that makes no sence and the fule injeced cars should be voted on.

racer822002 you do not like them because you can do alot of changes to them with a computer that is not stock right what about the msd that more than half of them have that is not stock chevy did not come with it you can put the same set up on a injected and a carb both stock it should be a fare race <_<

• 2 weeks later...

On a technical note, Fuel Injection does nothing that quality carburation can't do. Either way, the total amount of fuel/air mix entering the cylinder is a function of cam, head and manifold choices. In particular, the TBI vehicles share common intake manifold technology with their carburated counterparts. The later direct injection cars can have an advantage at low and mid RPM because they typically use long runner intake manifolds. From a car count perspective, it is silly not to allow FI cars in "stock" classes. They are what is available and any performance difference seen will largely be due to reduced weight and tight (not worn out) motors. As an equalizer, I'll disagree with Thumper and say it takes more finesse to make a carb run right. FI either works or it doesn't (as long as you don't get carried away when cutting the harnesses). As for "chips" or other modifications, all they do is change the timing and lean out the top end at WOT, no different than can be done with carb and distributor cars. It is also possible to remove factory rev limits but that doesn't change the fact that carburated cars don't have those limits but do have the same intake and cam limitations.

Do what you want but for "stock" classes, not allowing FI is certainly shooting yourself in the foot..

i crew has explained the injection thing as well as can be said.CC Speedway has replied as well as they can under the cirmstances.Fact is injection is tecknology and people are afraid of new things.I am hoping for great success for the speedway and hope they can eventually evolve to the modern car.With the ever tightning of the economy the most important aspect of injection cannot be ignored forever and that is the fact thet injected cars are COST EFFECTIVE.They do require a higher level of skill to maintain and thats where the fear factor comes in.But the fact is you must be smart to save money in racing and still have success.So the debate will go on.Watch the Thunder cars who already include injected cars and compaie the new and old breed.A strander would not know the difference unless he looked under the hood.

Common fears in the past: overhead valve engines,power steering,automatic transmittions,electronic ignition,catalic converters and now fuel injection.Did you know the first widely used injection system was used by Volkswagen? the year-1968 on the type 3 fastback and squareback.We raced one in the 80s at RGS and nobody knew it.It was a fastback and we told everybody it was an English Ford because the track banned Volkswagens.They said VWs were too fast.( air cooled ) Ours had the stock injection.Long live the witch hunts.

will has done a fine job with his car ,,and it isnt just motor ..but fuel injection will be the future .you cant stop that ... the only problem is sooner of later tracks will have to spend the money to be able to check them ..dont give me the bull you cant help them with chips ..will has proven the point that fuel injected cars can compete with carbs ..so bring them on ...

you are right will did prove that fuel injected car can be a top running car at cc or sts . oldtimer you can put chips in them to chang hp but how many pintos or stangs came with msd systems or 500 carbs on them <_<

you cant compare apples to oranges .. those parts evolved over those years for one reason or another ........... just try and figure what Will would have done to this class if none of those fords you speek aboult had what they had ....would not have looked good ..... now if the thunders could have stayed the way it was when i and crt and his dad .along with many drivers at the time took out all that horse power and fast tires .. we would probably not be haveing this problem pursay .. it would be another problem .. .you are forgeting one thing ..ford 2.3 has been fuel injected ..for along time ..and over all that time it was not aloud ..so hence added after market parts ..thow i will say that was not the only reason for some of the stuff some cars have now ... we can go on for ever aboult how this all came aboult .with no salution ... what is the salution ..start a completly new class ..bone stock ..and start this whole matter all over again ...it will never end until there is no place to race ...ive been with this class for nearly 24 years and this is not the first go around ..this happens in all classes ...in the v8 class what do they do ..they start a new class of pure stock cars ..one year later they add something or the drivers want more ..and so on and so on ..This is what needs to happen to the thunders START OVER ....

Well, I think it should be just VW's, Neons, & Hondas...no more of those "other" cars!!! LOL

well when you get enough of them together .you can have your own class ..fine with me ...so get to work in building ..lol... so put the beer away and stuff that old stogie in your trap and get old hay hauler back on the track .or are you to old now ..lol.....sort of funny after all thease years ..the rwd still out number the fwd.s makes you wonder huh .. so much for the dinosaur theory

. btw you left yourself open for that one ..

If you look at the 2008 rules you see another rule to favor the Fords.Maybe thats why they are so popular.The FWDs get one or 2 penalities a year.Did anyone else see it? Also I guess the aluminum wheels are out now.Too bad,they are cheap,pleantyful and stronger than most aftermarket steel wheels.

I am thinking about racing a Ford but the Ghia is looking attractive right now.At 1700 pounds and 2275cc how could it not be.Found one race ready up north.Also located a Mustang thats faster than you know what.2800 cc.Over 300 hp.Hummmmm,decisions,decisions.

well if you cant beat em buy one ....2800cc .300 go for it ...

I really don't think it is an issue of that, he has proven that he can beat em. And what happens if he does bring out a mustang and still wins............what then?

Well, I think it should be just VW's, Neons, & Hondas...no more of those "other" cars!!! LOL

well when you get enough of them together .you can have your own class ..fine with me ...so get to work in building ..lol... so put the beer away and stuff that old stogie in your trap and get old hay hauler back on the track .or are you to old now ..lol.....sort of funny after all thease years ..the rwd still out number the fwd.s makes you wonder huh .. so much for the dinosaur theory

Well first of all OT, I don't have to start building...got one ready...just blow the dust off, air up some tires, tweak here and there and I would be ready to race!!!! IN ABOUT A WEEK's TIME!! Unlike one who would will fiddle fart around for a couple of years saying gotta fix this, gotta put this together, don't have this or that, can't get this or that right, driver not ready to race...yada...yada....yada

BTW, you left YOURSELF open for that!!!! LMAO!!!!

well if you cant beat em buy one ....2800cc .300 go for it ...

I really don't think it is an issue of that, he has proven that he can beat em. And what happens if he does bring out a mustang and still wins............what then?

more power to him ,.

Well first of all OT, I don't have to start building...got one ready...just blow the dust off, air up some tires, tweak here and there and I would be ready to race!!!! IN ABOUT A WEEK's TIME!! Unlike one who would will fiddle fart around for a couple of years saying gotta fix this, gotta put this together, don't have this or that, can't get this or that right, driver not ready to race...yada...yada....yada

BTW, you left YOURSELF open for that!!!! LMAO!!!!

yep i did ... but your wrong cars are ready ..yada yada ..be nice to see you racen again ..i think ...

Archived