Mini-Stock

Pappy_GT13

This was thought of when the first Thunder car program started It was the thinking then that the word "mini"meant less than and we wanted equal footing with the other classes.Up north the most commonly used name is HORNETS probably because of the sound.It might be time to re-name the minnies but I dont like any name that refers to "less than" or not as important than.

I just watched a vidio,June 8 95 and guess what.In a time when everyone was saying a FWD car cant be beat,a RWD Toyota won.I believe the finishing order was RWD,RWD (you Pappy) FWD,RWD,FWD etc.I remember this Toyota winning several features and set a new speed record.And the driver was a rookie in this series.All it takes is to have top notch cars and there werte many back then.We can do it again.

What do you think we should call ourselves? FAST

toyota ...you say ..i helped your brother with to much set up info ..he got fast ..darn he listen to good ...boy he could out drive you ..and most others ...i had already given up my driveing suit .so we never got the chance to compete .and i remember you came to me once after i took lalo.s car to find out why it was so loose ..this what you said gb ....man mike i was behind you and you had that car out of control sideways and never let up ....you said i reminded you of your brother ... that was a big complament .. never forgot that one ....heck made me giddy ..lol oh btw lalo had a bent right rear shock .....

GB, you might want to crack upon a dictionary before you go explaining what a word means. Miniatures or minis are just smaller versions of something larger & are often more valuable than the full size. Does not mean they are less important. As a matter of fact Mr. Rhoads mentioned at the meeting the impotance of this class to CCS & spoke of a purse Increase.

As far as 1995 goes, I won One feature race that whole season & wound up 2nd in points for the year.That was accomplished by finishing races well & not getting crashed by certain people I just wouldn't race with. Whenever they got to close , I let them by rather than get crashed.And the rules were completely different.

BJ34, not to sure what you're trying to say but the Only Thing I'm advocating here is a name change for the class that doesn't confuse us with any other track or class.The engine in my car was legal by these rules when Ernie won a Championship with it & I haven't changed anything that would change that.

The speed is in knowing how to get the most out of what you have, not in any expensive suspension parts.Whether you have junk yard or racing springs doesn't matter if it is the right one for your driver.

mod four.s super fours ....why not those names ..thease cars arent stock and if they were they would still be modified ..i never like thunders name nore minnie stock they sound so degradeing ......... ive been with thease cars for over 23 years .... im still a pup .lol pro sedans is already taken .and thats a good name ...it fits ,, those drivers are tough to beat .......top notch cars .but i would like a new name ...someone come up with something that fits ......bj the motors in 95 were not stock ...cut heads ..keth black pistons .. ...big cams . light flywheels .....racen springs in some if not most ....tied in frames ..how do i know this ..steven and i built the 55 mustang ...also before we change back to stock in 90 ..the cars were faster then than they are now ..89 with a stock motor i ran 16.10s ..the really fast cars ran 1580s ..on treads ..and 5200 carbs ...stock rods ..stock piston.s ..

that is why i said were they stock i did not know how close are the 500 to the 5200 could you mod them or not

there isnt as much differents between a 5200 and 500 or 350 .as you may think ...you will run the same speed with all ..you can run the same lap times with 5200 ... some old track records were mid to upper 15s ...... the differents and by not much .is corner exit .. the 350 to 500 will pull a 5200 by aboult a half .car .5200 you have to stand on it sooner depending on your set up ... look at gb .he has a 5200 .....you can change jets ..and other things to help them out ..lalo has a good one that was built by L and L WAY BACK IN THE 90.S we ran three years ago and it still kicks .....i beleive lalo won the championship with it ... you used to be able to send them out to be modified ..i dont know who does them anymore ..but pops carpenter had one done somewhere and it would out do a 350 or 500 .anyday ....funny the carb pops had had pepole fooled it sounded like a 500 when he hit the throtle ..it had that 500 pop sound to it ...some thought he was cheating ....

how about since they are 4 cylinder they be called....... Texas Fourplay

DONT YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE JUST ALITTLE EXSTREAME ....DOES HAVE RING TO IT ....I LIKE MY FRIENDS IDEAL ..YOU HIT IT TPS 22 .... NOW GB BEFORE YOU COUNT THE MONEY ..I HEARD IT WAS ONLY A DALLOR MORE :D JK MR RHOADS

I dont care what they call us as long as they call us when the pay window is open.It looks like the real winner next year will be the oil companies.If diesel hits 4$ it will cost over 100$ to make that trip.

When RGS had 2 classes,stock and modified Thunders they were called Thunder and Lighteneng Other names used were force 4,formula 4,etc.

Whats this I hear about us going back to a pound per cc,5200 carbs and unported heads on pump gas?Im not complaining,I would just have to remove some weight.I do have a secret weapon however,its called VOLKSWAGEN.They build such a great car all I have to do is maintainence.Im glad everybody figgured out that ANY car can be beat.I was starting to feel like THE OLD POOP from cycletunes magazine.I sure wouldnt be concerned about a 58 year old crippled blind guy in a dinosaur.(just in case OT starts driving again lol) Looks like the competetion will be fearce this year.Especially if I get to lock my diff.

All kidding aside,CC Speedway is and always has been the place 4 cyl cars can get the respect they derserve.And with the new purse theres no reason not to have 25 cars again.Syper Streets nonwithstanding theres no fancy big car class to overshadow us.So lets get all the guys back.You too Lalo,I want to try your cabrito.Besides nobody in the Valley sells Boons Farm Blackberry Ridge.

Is there going to be fuel at the track? In case we dont switch to pump gas.

Now I wonder what it would take to get a 500$ purse?Then 800$,maybe 1000$ someday?Well I can dream cant I ? :lol:

I dont care what they call us as long as they call us when the pay window is open.It looks like the real winner next year will be the oil companies.If diesel hits 4$ it will cost over 100$ to make that trip.

When RGS had 2 classes,stock and modified Thunders they were called Thunder and Lighteneng Other names used were force 4,formula 4,etc.

Whats this I hear about us going back to a pound per cc,5200 carbs and unported heads on pump gas?Im not complaining,I would just have to remove some weight.I do have a secret weapon however,its called VOLKSWAGEN.They build such a great car all I have to do is maintainence.Im glad everybody figgured out that ANY car can be beat.I was starting to feel like THE OLD POOP from cycletunes magazine.I sure wouldnt be concerned about a 58 year old crippled blind guy in a dinosaur.(just in case OT starts driving again lol) Looks like the competetion will be fearce this year.Especially if I get to lock my diff.

All kidding aside,CC Speedway is and always has been the place 4 cyl cars can get the respect they derserve.And with the new purse theres no reason not to have 25 cars again.Syper Streets nonwithstanding theres no fancy big car class to overshadow us.So lets get all the guys back.You too Lalo,I want to try your cabrito.Besides nobody in the Valley sells Boons Farm Blackberry Ridge.

Is there going to be fuel at the track? In case we dont switch to pump gas.

Now I wonder what it would take to get a 500$ purse?Then 800$,maybe 1000$ someday?Well I can dream cant I ? :lol:

I HAVE TO HAND IT TO YOU GB ..[[[OLD POOP AND ME DRIVEING ]]]...LMAO .....NOW AS FOR 5200 CARBS ..DONT HAVE ANY LEFT ..AND NOT BUYING ANY EITHER ...UNPORTED HEADS ..THAT WE HAVE ....1 POUND PER CC / ALREADY THERE ...SO WONT HURT US ANY ....JUST THE CARB THING WILL MOST PROBABLY KEEP US AWAY ...

You mean BUMP BUMP I win !!! lolololol I thought it was because you were'nt fast enough. and here I find you drove by braile. hahaha

I NEVER TOLD YOU I HATE PUMPKIN CANT STAND IT ..NASTY STUFF ..SO YOU REMINDED ME OF IT ..PLUS I LIKED SEEING YOUR EYES LOOKING BACK AT ME ,,BEFORE I PASSED YOU ...AND IT WAS NOT BRAILE ..HAD SOMEONE TALKING TO ME ON A RADIO .BUT IM DEAF ALSO ..

Archived