Thunder Cars

thumper

OT,again you missed my point.I want provisions for more cars,IE lower weight for small engine cars and better tires or RF tire for automatics.You live in 1995.There has been hundreds of races since then.I have been bumped lots of times,slammed into the wall several times and had one car totalled.Been airborne and hit driver side into the wall so hard my head hit the wall.If I was to take names,everyone almost would be on it.BTW if you guys were so fast how did I run over you?My style has been you can block me until the white flag of the feature then I am going to make a pass.It was your quarter pallel on my RF tire,never my bumper.I did not know how to luche or pass in the dirt back then.I cant even remember that long ago.

Now for 2008 what can we do to open the rules for more types of cars?Todays types of cars.Theres no future if you live in the past.Fresh ideas please.Anyone?We all cant be so un imagineative.Does anyone want new cars? Modern cars?Cheaper cars? :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kevin, I said OT because I want someone that wont beat me! If your slower than OT yhan that moves you ahead of him.

ouch ...

i think the flagmans right let him drive he gettin in same age bracket as ot and gb lol call it the oldguys bumbin race

With GB and the Flagman in the race, you will have to give some kind of concession to OT. Otherwise he is sure to end up in the rear and that wouldnt be fair :lol:

i may be rusty as nails .but i aint that slow .i will be able to see thier back sides

The only way we are going to get more new cars is if people build them. The rules have been open for about the last 5 years for these new modern cars. So far other than me and todd there have only been a couple of other cars built. I have had great success with my neons, cant understand why people dont build more of these cars. It seems like every body wants fords. Also alot of people think that FI is like magic in a box, and that is far from the case. Its just like any other car, and a chip or computer does not make worlds of HP. Not on these small motors anyway. But they run good lol!

yes your right Will..........people need to build them ,there's two VW bugs out there now..... because someone built them and there's more v8 guys out there then 4 bangers guys......... maybe we need to go to a true stock 4 banger class that will be cheaper then the Texas thunders,,,,,,,,, I like to see an all 1600 vw bug class,,,,,,,,, there's still a lot of parts out there for 1600 vw aircools JMO

The only way we are going to get more new cars is if people build them. The rules have been open for about the last 5 years for these new modern cars. So far other than me and todd there have only been a couple of other cars built. I have had great success with my neons, cant understand why people dont build more of these cars. It seems like every body wants fords. Also alot of people think that FI is like magic in a box, and that is far from the case. Its just like any other car, and a chip or computer does not make worlds of HP. Not on these small motors anyway. But they run good lol!

yep will i agree ..thumper keeps bringing up what can be done to help them with wieght and all that other stuff .. gb no pun intended .....so dont get wired up ...ok ....you guys worked hard to get that car into the field and got up front ... the honda.s made a good run at it ..the only fwd cars that ever grew were vw.s ...cheaper and easy to build and not to hard to set up i suppose ..... but i sell parts you know ..and those parts are not cheap .mainly honda.s and those darn cars last so long and still have alot of value .the young and i may say older people dont want to destroy them ..resale is good .. the neon alot driveing out there .some older than your.s and they keep on going ..so you dont see too many sitting in junk yards and junkyards wont give them up cheap ..now with fords and some other rwd.s thier are so many out there just sitting idle ..and you can get racen parts .. that word .racen parts cheaper in most cases . thow they do cost more over all ..ii tell my young customers aboult your car ..some say why destroy it to make a round track car ..drag race it .... and the young people want all that fancy sterio.s and low riding noisy mufler nice paint job cars ..so if they can be convinced that racen is more fun with those car .s .wactch out ..have to send some home .and the rwd.s will die ...

So who builds race cars these days? How many people out there build and race there own cars?

well neon poop ... you know we build our own cars ....i bought one car in 89 .. .. and bought one in 90 ..and the second was one we built for someone else a few years earlier ..so i suppose you can say that was a home built ...lalo builds his cars .or should i say rico ..... you built your car gilpins built thier cars ....buggin built his ..babbba built some of his .... so i say 85 percent drive thier own cars ....

It takes alot of work to build a race car. Somebody would have to have alot of recources to build a car from the ground up, it would take alot of time and money. And now days with these modern cars that can be hard to fix it might just be easier to take it to a shop. Who would want to build a race car out of something they may not understand and is very expensive to repair. They are almost all fwd, most circle track cars are rwd right. Plus there not really cool as the big cars anyway. My point is they have alot of things going against them.

It takes alot of work to build a race car. Somebody would have to have alot of recources to build a car from the ground up, it would take alot of time and money. And now days with these modern cars that can be hard to fix it might just be easier to take it to a shop. Who would want to build a race car out of something they may not understand and is very expensive to repair. They are almost all fwd, most circle track cars are rwd right. Plus there not really cool as the big cars anyway. My point is they have alot of things going against them.

yes they do ...times will get harder on thunders .....as for rwd even harder ...the young guys i talk to at work tell me they would love to race ..but we dont let turbo's run .....allwheel drive .. maybe something to look into ..what is the average horse power a stock turbo motor puts out without added boost ..150 180 maybe ...so maybe we should let them in ..i think once people find out that turbo..s are raceing round track .then id say that class would really start cookin ...yep i know our cars will be in trouble maybe ..but with the right rules it may just pan out until the old cars die ...heck it maybe cheaper ...i must be loosing my mind ..nah reality lightning stuck latley ... gb has tobe loveing this ..

turbo cars wont last under that kinda condition on and off the gas. It will kill the turbo.I know I use to own a couple turbo cars.If you want thunders to survive or whatever you wanna call them, then youll have to get rid of some to gain some. Noones gonna build new cars to go race and not have a chance at winning. Sorry GB but I dont think you should race in this class no more. You have way to much experiance and your car is way to fast. Just like Will same goes for you and even Me at that.It would be different if there were more cars like ours out there but you have to face it theres not. Theres more cars that are slower and and give each other a good race than our faster cars always winning. Thats not gonna get the fans into it.I would be tired of goning to CC and watchin Gb win just as Im sure the same at the dirt this year.I didnt like watchin GB giving one away thats not racing. I had a guy ask me this year before the feature ask me to let him win and I told him HES GONNA HAVE TO EARN IT,cause im not given nothin away.JMO good luck to you guys. By the way my car is for sell still someone come give me $3500 and you can go beat GB and Will all day long.if you can drive. ;)

I think what Tim said makes sense. But I think the bigger problem is that kids these days don't learn skills to build things from their dads so building a racecar and working on it every week is not appealing to them.

finaly someone with a very good thought ....thats the one i was trying to come up with ..heck noone is teaching thier kids anything ..... now if someone can come up with a game for xbox and gameboys and anyother dadgum game ..that will make it fun and challeng thease young kids .. yep that should do it ...

poorboy, you nailed it right on the head. Thank you dad for teaching me the skills that I now have. Dad won alot of races at ccms by the way. So if you dont have the tools or the time to build a race car and you want to race a nice new race car what do you do?

Archived