WHO'S THE LOWLIFE SCUMBAG?

landlord

Someone went inside Randy Andersons trailer(all the way to the front)and stole his brand new HANs.It was really gutsie considering where he was pitting.Sammy May told me he has also had some jacks come up missing throughout this season.We all talked and if these people are caught WE WANT call the cops and WE WANT press charges,it will be taken care of in house!!!!! ;)

When we goto the races our group pits together. We try if at all possible to leave someone in the pits at all times but sometimes that's not possible so we hope our neighbor will look out for our stuff just like we would look out for theirs. It's a shame that we have to police this but with the availablity of the pit pass anyone can get in and be walking through your pits. Unfortuanately tracks may have to look at a garage pass that only allows somone affiliated with a team into that section of the pits. The wrist bands or credentials could be purchased for the season and would be tracked back to the car owner that registered that pass. If anyone associated with that owner / car is caught doing something illegal then we should tell the owner / driver to pack their stuff up and never come back to any of the local tracks. I think this would make the owners more responsible for the people they bring to the track. We all have way to much money invested into what we bring to the track to have someone who scrapped up the $25.00 to get into the pits wait till the cars are on the track and have free roam of out pits.

Just my opinion I could be wrong.

I hope you find out who did this cause we have had things come up missing also. Racing is expensive enough without someone helping themselves to your equipment. Tire stagger gage, and two jacks. came up missing in our pits.

Now we leave someone there at all times.

yea we've had a high speed impact, speed (spring loaded)socket, 2 new chrome wheels stagger gauges taken from us i know it does'nt add up to the amount of a HANS device but it's just not right either way

Randy is a nice guy. I'll put 20 dollars in the hat towards a new HANS.

s. Unfortuanately tracks may have to look at a garage pass that only allows somone affiliated with a team into that section of the pits. The wrist bands or credentials could be purchased for the season and would be tracked back to the car owner that registered that pass.

we're talking a nascar type crediential system, which seems a little impractical for local racing, but if it keeps stuff safe....

I was talking to Robbie Davidson last night at HMP and I asked him if he always just left his radio equipment and electronic tools out like he did last night. He told me that no one has ever taken a thing from him.

I wish I could say the same.

I have had two pyrometers stolen. One was an antique analog (priceless and irreplacable) with a dial that rose ever so slowly after you stuck the tire with the huge probe, and the other was one of those fancy digital, recall types. Also had a durometer grow legs and one of those fancy clipboards with the two stopwatches and all the bells and whistles. My name was clearly engraved or written on everything.

Of course, I have to take part of the blame. I tend to believe that racers won't steal from each other, so I'm pretty careless where I leave stuff lying around when I'm working on someone's car. Years ago you could leave money, your wallet, or whatever, out on the trailer and it would be there just like you left it went you got back.

Times change, though. Stealing stuff seems to be the norm these days.

Nick

Randy was pitted with 4 other racers and 2 had motorhomes,so camp was set.The Weirs could see the trailers from the stands.Randy is oldschool but the HANs was not just laying around,he had it in the very front of the trailer.Whoever did it took a big chance and better be glad they were not caught!!!!!

Bad thing is, not one of us gave it a second thought to leave the cars/trailers/motorhomes alone! Not only did I glance at all our belongings more than once out of habit, my son and Jack Murry went back the motor homes twice! It really is hard to believe another racer or part of the racing family would do a thing like this.....but the things they take give enough reason to know we may be wrong! Sure it could be a "drive by" incident, but more than likely it is someone who knows what the stuff is worth and what it is used for! Going to the front of the trailer to take the HANs, passing all the tools, jacks and other things....you do the math! Gotta love racing, but man, this sure put a damper on the evening. Good luck to Randy on running the serial number on the HANs...If the culprit is caught, ransack his home, he probably has Nicks pyrometers, TTR73's high speed impact, rwracingmom's tire stagger gage or Sammy's jacks! What a shame that the times have to change. I liked them better 20, even 30 years ago!! Sorry for your rotten evening Randy...and everyone else...lock your trailers or leave a guard dog on watch!!!!

Kathie Weir

A couple of years ago we were at THR and someone stole my floor jack and custom fitted fire suit. Anyone can use a jack, but that poor SOB that took my fire suit sure won’t be able use it. I would hate to catch someone stealing my stuff; calling 911 would be to late, call the coroner.

I know for a fact that the racing family would help anyone who needed help with parts, manpower or whatever it took to get the job done. We have and I know we have been helped with motors, and even a truck to race one night when something happened to Robert's. I want to say THANKS to all the racing family for every thing they have every done for all the RWRacing Family. God Bless you all

AMEN!!! Even though we have a few bad apples...the racing family is definately a FAMILY!! Competitors help each other, not just team mates.. None of us would be racing if it weren't for the help we get on and off the track. If we just be more cautious, next year can only be better!!! Lock and load...I mean load up and lock it up!!! Or did I!?!

We have been helped by and have helped several people at the track. It is one of the things I like about racing it always seems that someone is there to come to your aid. That in turn lets your guard down to those that may be out to only help themselves. We have been lucky and have only lost little tools like wrenches and what not but we do pit next to ttr73 so it really opens your eyes. I have left my camera and other things out several times without a second thought. I will think twice next year.

its too bad we cant say what we really want to say on here ...deed dude / your correct ..just why waste the coroners time .. dig a hole ....and thats even too good for them ..... check ebay .. might just find them there ...and if the driver who lost the hans ..put out the all the infow on here aboult it ...someone buying one from someone else can check it ..

What a sorry state of affairs! Is it getting to the point that we are going to have to close up the trailer and lock it before pulling out to the grid?

Tracks need every dollar that they can collect at either gate these days but I remember a time when it was 99% impossible to get into the hot pits if you were not driving or ACTIVELY working on a specific racecar.

I believe that these were the "times" people are recalling as "more honorable" regarding petty theft.

Jay

Archived