Snowball Derby entries rolling in!

Snowball

The entries for the Snowball are now up to 38. Some of the latest include former All Pro champ Darrell Brown,Defending champ Ricky Turner,Wayne Willard and Northern hot shoe jack Landis. I expect many more to start coming in over the next month. The entries are delayed some this year because of the court case that went on and everything else.I expect there should be atleast 60 for the Snowball and 50 for the Snowflake when it's all said and done. thats my prediction anyway.Judging from some phone conversations I've had,I expect several more Northern drivers this year.

Thanks for the update Snowball.

If I remember correctly, the entries aren't really lagging very far behind from this same time last year.

Glad to hear things are looking up over there, and continue to keep us informed.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that Rusty Wallace's 16 year-old son, Stephen, will be running the Snowball Derby. Rusty ran the Snowball several times. As I recall, in 1979 he finished second to our own Freddy Fryar!

Nick Holt

Snowball,

I read it on the Tom Roberts Public Relations website. http://www.trpr.com/#Swallace

I quote the story here: "Stephen Wallace, Rusty's 16-year-old son, is hoping to compete in the annual prestigious Snowball Derby at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Fla., the first weekend of next month. "Trying to put a deal together to run Richie Wauters car down there," Stephen reported. "Thing is that we need some sponsorship to make the trip and we're looking for it now." Rusty participated in the annual racing classic several times. His best finish was second (to winner Freddy Fryar) in the 1979 edition."

Nick Holt

I think everyone in racing needs sponsorship.

Thats all I need and I'm in Nextel Cup!

The entries keep coming! New entries include Bobby Gill, Scott hantz(Former Sunoco super series champ), Ken Mcfarland(SAS) Charlie Menard(Nascar Midwest),and several others. the entries are approaching 50 now!I figure there will be atleast 60.The Snowflake 100 is up to near 40 already.

Here is an interesting article about the Snowball.

51Sports

After talking to some of the local racers at Mobile a few weeks ago, and looking at Snowball's postings here, it sounds like it is back on the right track.

Archived