track preparation

HJF2

It was a very smooth track.At least to me it was. It was a a little dry slick :blink: but the track was awsome I liked it. Car went home without any mud. Was a damn good night until I got pulled over on the way home last night :unsure: for no trailer lights bummer. Great JOB Owen and Steve and the rest of STS crew.Just one ? where [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/14/07] are all the mods. :ph34r:

I guess the Modified guys are done, I try to pay top dollar but 2 weeks in a row no cars hardly, I give up I have tried to pay better and have more 1000 to win shows then any other track around I have tried to cater to the modifieds and I guess I was wrong for that. Maybe next week we should switch purses the class with the most cars gets the modified purse and the Modifieds get the high class purse. What is frustrating is I thought local drivers wanted a track to race at but I guess not, they all want to travel so obviously they have alot of money so again why should they get paid the most, alot to think about.

Owen

I think the best classes are the pures and hobbys anyway. They should make the money. Except for the guys with MODIFIEDS who want to run in the HOBBY class. What fun is that for you? The hobby class would be really good if it only had hobby cars in it. If you want to run a modified car, go to the modified class! They need the cars, and they pay more!

I like both of those classes as well. My only comment is that I hope the hobby class doesnt get any more outlaw with the rules and looks then what they are. Otherwise that class will soon start dropping counts as well. A little slower more competitive hobby class I think would be more exciting, affordable and draw more cars. At the very least dont make any changes for next year maybe try to talk to I37. Talk them into the same rules may have a couple wekly cars run both tracks.

Guest Top Dog Graphix

I wish STS had street stocks, we would have been down more then once if they did.... I37 needs to stay the way it is. I think my car is plenty fast, working on some setup changes, but it wont be enough if we had to compete with the super stocks...

i don't know about anyone else, but I'm not racing anymore this points season to keep my rookie status for next year. I'll be back for the MSTS show. How many mods showed up?

Yep, this a trend... at RGS, the payout hasn't changed yet, but it's been talked about, and the limiteds are now the feature attraction and final race of the night!

We had around twenty cars all year long and two bad weeks your going to cut us.Not a goiod idea .Im sure you already have but ask the guys who werent there why they did not show maybe they are upset about something you can fix maybe they had weddings or kids football games.Maybe the tore stuff up.But dont take it out the guys who do show up every week.And if you close our class we will just get limiteds or hobbys. Ps the track was awsome this week and keep up the good work,if i can repair all the damage i wll be back next saturday.

Thanks DRY SLICK Eddy

I think the best classes are the pures and hobbys anyway. They should make the money. Except for the guys with MODIFIEDS who want to run in the HOBBY class. What fun is that for you? The hobby class would be really good if it only had hobby cars in it. If you want to run a modified car, go to the modified class! They need the cars, and they pay more!

Perhaps you should go to the STS website and read the rules for the hobby calss. Those of us who took modifieds and turned them into hobbys did so at considerable time and expense. We followed the rules put forth by Owen to the letter. It's amazing to me that one or two people start winning too much and everybody starts whining. I dont hear everyone screaming for Owen to slow down Steve Jr when he wins 5 or 6 fearures in a row. You dont cry when you're getting outrun, you go home and work on your car and get faster. :angry:

I never said they weren't within the rules. That doesn't mean it is right. i think all the other guys should just let the few "outlaw" modified/hobbys race by themselves. You wanted to spend the money on a modified, that is your choice.The hobby class is supposed to be inexpensive. You couldn't keep up in the other class, so you changed.The modified class is comparing apples to apples. Not the case with the hobbys. 95% of that class are true hobbys.Go ahead, win every week. If you can be proud of that, then so be it.I just hope Owen comes to his senses before he loses all his hobbys for next year.

The rules are what they are ! Owen tried to make a good class and things just got out of hand with the chassis. The "modified" chassis cars are beatable just like anything else and some cars are getting closer to beating them it's just a matter of time. Besides one of them cant seem to finish anyway.

Don't know why the mods are not showing up like they have.Maybe they are saving the cars for the big show in November.As for them wanting to travel,the guys who travel are the well financed teams who can afford to do that therefore they don't have to be tied down to one track.To cut the class because the "top" teams don't show is a slap in the face to the racers who do show every week.Granted the track should not have to pay top purse to a low car count.And I think shifting purse dollars to the class with large car counts is not a bad thing either.As for the hobby/modified thing.From the stands it looks like the 13,99,07 ,4 and 28 cars look like super stocks and the camaro bodied cars look like street/hobby cars and the cars mentioned above are always running up front.I am just a fan and I don't know if all the chassis are the same.But the cars don't "look" equal.Bottom line though it is hard to argue what Owen has done,is doing and is trying to do in regards to STS.From what I am able to see Owen has put a lot of work,time and effort in STS.I guess when you are dealing with 85 or so teams every week and trying to find a class for new guys with cars to race can't be easy.Thanks for the job you do.

I never said they weren't within the rules. That doesn't mean it is right. i think all the other guys should just let the few "outlaw" modified/hobbys race by themselves. You wanted to spend the money on a modified, that is your choice.The hobby class is supposed to be inexpensive. You couldn't keep up in the other class, so you changed.The modified class is comparing apples to apples. Not the case with the hobbys. 95% of that class are true hobbys.Go ahead, win every week. If you can be proud of that, then so be it.I just hope Owen comes to his senses before he loses all his hobbys for next year.

I dont know who you are, nor do I really care, but the facts are this...we all race with the SAME rules in the Hobby class. Weight, carb, tires, and rear percentage. If you really want to know, the asphalt cars that came to run have MORE advantages than we do. Owen lets them run a taller, softer tire than we can run and they don't have a rear weight percentage limit. Someone in this thread listed the 13, 5 and 28 as "outlaw" hobby stocks, well for your informaton, all of these cars are FULL FRAME cars, and I don't know for a fact, but i think they are running leaf springs. Answer me this question Ms. Know-it-all.....how come Greg Jr and the Shrimp won both heat races last night?(both on leaf springs) Maybe it's because they are good drivers that work on their cars and make them faster.

to the other "knowledgeable" individual....no I have'nt been able to finish a race lately....motor problems suck, but I have been home today working on correcting the problem, not whinning about getting beat.

Man alls I did was ask where are all the mods were.No need for everyone to start jumping at each other.It was just a ? I like watchin the mods there fast and always perform well,as well as the lim mods.No need to start bashin and as for cutting purses it would be the right thing. If one class has alot more cars then the other no matter how good a show they put on they should be rewarded. Thats how you keep people happy.If the other class dont like it then maybe they need to talk to there fellow racers and see whats up. <_<

Thanks Joe. I just do the best I can with the car I have. I don't really agree with the rules, but I don't have a choice. At this point, nor do I really care. I am just out to race. As far as the asphalt cars having an advantage, I couldn't get the rear weight in my car if I tried, and I have like one 30 pound piece of lead on the rear and my car weighed in at like 3350!!!! I run AR pulloffs because they were darn near FREE!!

Redd35, I am not real sure because I couldn't see him. I'd say close to half a lap. Good job Mark. It was fun racing with you for a brief moment!

Though I am not sure about me being a good driver, there are plenty out there that would say otherwise.

I have started to put more effort into figuring out how to make this old asphalt car compete with the converted mod chassis. I found a little bit more speed this week and if I wouldn't have messed up as a driver maybe I could have kept up with mark for a period of time.

The rules are the rules and I could have cut the back end of my car off and made it a 3 link and maybe been able to keep up more, who knows.

The bottom line is if there would have been more Super Stocks and Street Stocks last year maybe Owen would not have had to combine the 2 classes. So here we are and maybe soon I'll be able to win another feature, we'll just keep trying.

Thanks Joe for the compliment

Thanks Greg,Steve your cars looked real good Saturday.

The 07 Hobby Stock happens to be an old home made chassis built (no modified jiggs) back in the 1980's! The 07,5,4,28,44 all ran Super Stock last year,Joe the 28 is not a full frame car. Last year the 07 car was a 1981 Monte Carlo full frame that couldn't get out of it's own way at CC Speedway in 2005 yet in 2006 Mark won SS championship at STS. So maybe Marks car is fast because He is that D___________ Good and his crewman do thier homework Every Week! So can a full frame car beat him, yes he prooved that last year.

Actually Racerette 100% are true Hobby Cars as per the rules at STS, and I do care who you are and that you will cotinue to come to STS and injoy the races. So do we feel good about the way We run? YOU BETCHA! I don't know how this topic ended up here BUT.

Again OWEN THAT WAS A GREAT TRACK SATUDAY NIGHT.

AS DD SAYS YA'LL HAVE A GREAT DAY

I may have just missed a good opportunity to keep my mouth shut OH WELL! :D:D:D

Archived