TSRS car for sale

rsowell

[NOTE: This thread is being moved from the Classified section. It started out with listing his front-running TSRS car for sale. It generated the following posts. Nick Holt, 10/21/03]

Just out of curiosity, why are you cleaning out your garage. Switching to a new class, or going fishing?

B)

why do people that have no idea what is going on have to spread rumors. yellowflag why dont you just wait and see what the schedule looks like next year and see where tsrs is going to run. and one more question who did tsrs run for at sas this year except for the oktoberfast race. let me give you a clue it wasnt s.a.s.

Wait and see. I hear they are not going to book them at SAS, maybe ROMCO will, and I heard THR is not going to book them either. Both tracks are trying to boost their Late Model count so why book the competition? RUMOR or not, I have no idea. We will see. There is no since in getting so defensive already. Time will tell. Or maybe they can rent the track and run their races, or maybe the Trac Group or whoevever will let them run at their new first class facilities. There are lots of possibilities,

i didnt mean to come on so strong but i just hate all the rumors that fly around this board about tsrs. I am just saying wait til you see the schedule for next year i think most people will be pleasantly surprised with where we're running next year. romco rents the track when they run at s.a.s and i think mary ann and terry have a good working relationship so i dont think it will come to an end next year. as for the kyle track i dont think we will run there but i dont think by cutting the races and crying they are going to get more late models if anything i would think they would piss some people off. so from what i have heard lately tsrs will be in for an exciting season next year. just hope they make some slight changes in the off season.

Jason,

You're the only person who's heard that one.. I think the same person who told you that Saratoga Speedway was going to be paved over told you that TSRS would be booked multiple times at CC Speedway.. lol

Nick Holt

Brad hate to see drop from TSRS you and your team are a class act.Now to address the SAS and THR issiue. SAS dropped the class last year what would keep them from doing it again? If i was running this class and they sent me home last year with know place to run and no regard for what i spent to run at there track do you think that i would run there on a weekley series again I don, think so. It's a shame when the racers and a promotor and crew work so hard to have a succesfully series and a couple of tracks that can,t even run at a profit with out asking for help from the racers are trying to kill it.Either one of these tracks never have had the car count that TSRS has had and never will. I will tell you why because either one of these tracks could care less about the racers or there sponsors or the fans that follow these cars and thats a fact look at past history.TSRS will be even more succesful next year with the experince that the TSRS officals gained this year and if SAS and THR are that short sighted TSRS and the racers.FANS and Sponosors doesn't need them there are other ways to get there without them.So good luck to all that's involved with TSRS you will have my support

Nothing like a few sweeping negative statements there, eh supertx?

I doubt very much, though, that either Mike or Brian got into their positions of responsibilty within the racing community because they were against racers, fans or sponsors. I believe that quite the opposite is true. And I also doubt very much that you know first-hand what actually goes on with the ownership and management of SAS and THR and the reasons they make the decisions that they do. You certainly are entitled to your opinion from whatever perspective you choose, but I certainly disagree with your assessment.

As one who has been involved for many years from both sides of the pit wall, I have the advantage of seeing it from both perspectives. I've been cussed out, threatened, pushed, shoved and nearly run over by those who felt I was giving their team a bum deal during my time as Chief Steward and Chief Tech Inspector. And, on the other hand, I certainly did my share of bad-mouthing officials when I was a car owner, crew person and suspension engineer. I invite your to become invovled as a volunteer race or series official and get a taste for what actually happens behind the scenes.

Nick Holt

Feelthepower454,

What you see as moaning and groaning may be important issues that need to be discussed to others. TSZ was designed to be a forum where all points of view are welcome as long as not bashing is involved and everyone meets the rest of the standards for civility and non-aggression.

However, I do agree with you that being in a leadership position is MUCH more difficult than sitting in front of a computer and critisizing officials from an anonymous vantage point.

By the way, what kind of beer does Mr. Sepich drink anyway? LOL

Chuck -- It's just people getting their point of view across as best they know how. That's what TSZ does best whether or not you or I agree with the opinions expressed. Lots of people in racing have never had the opportunity to express their prespective in a forum where so many people are paying attention.

Nick Holt

Chuck -- It's just people getting their point of view across as best they know how. That's what TSZ does best whether or not you or I agree with the opinions expressed. Lots of people in racing have never had the opportunity to express their prespective in a forum where so many people are paying attention.

Nick-ster,

Give me a LITTLE credit here, Cowboy..your post is EXACTLY why I said this thread is unbelievable--the degree of extremes in the posts in here! It's quite interesting, and you can certainly learn which "side" of an issue people sit at...

Also..we were just talking about this the other day...TSZ gets a lot of attention in local/Texas racing..I wish more people would call into the show and talk about local/Texas racing...I realize that (1) the show is on-air in Austin, and that the web site audio streaming doesn't always work, and (2) not a lot of casual race fans listen to the show...still, I love the local folks who do call in, just wish there were more of them!

p.s.--Whether I agree with the opinions here or not obviously doesn't matter..LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

p.s.s.--what kind of beer DOES Mike Sepich drink?

Archived